1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFS blank only when driving, Display button does nothing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by abq sfr, May 4, 2012.

1. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    2007... MFD is blank only when displaying engine functions. Prius splash screen, Audio, AC, reverse cam, etc all display fine. When I'm driving the display is blank unless I push audio or something but the main screen never appears. Messed around with the dash dimmer, put to detent. Speedo display is working fine. In addition, the Display button is not doing anything when screen is blank (no beep either when pushed), if I push something else and then Display, I get the display menu, can push buttons, change colors, etc. Seems illogical to me. I'm thinking 12v battery since it causes weird symptoms? Around 10 seconds after shutoff after all the whirring stops Scangage was reading 12.4v, around 13.4 or 13.6 (don't remember) while driving. Suggestions?

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If your battery is shot, time to go to an Optima. There is a command to turn screen off. You did not hit that by mistake did you? If so just turn screen back on!

3. benlinus

benlinus New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, you wanna hit Info, then Trip Info. Boom. I made the same mistake, and it took ripping apart the dash, disconnecting the battery, and puzzling over it for 2 weeks to finally realize what I'd done.

4. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That was it, thanks guys! It was simply turned off (by my sons). However, I still probably need to get a new 12v battery before it becomes a problem. I messed around with it when I tapped it for my ham radio around 5 years ago