1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    we have had major mouse problems for years. latest effort is a new poison i found on amazon called ramik. 2 large bags for 38 bucks. i put a bowl in the crawl space and for a week, they cleaned itout every night.
    now for a month, it is just sitting there untouched. thats the mfg claim, they take it back to the nest and everyone dies!
    i thought we'd get a stench, but they must have taken it back outside.
    so far so good, ymmv

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I really hate myself for saying this because nobody likes virtue signalers.....but....you only want to use rodenticides more or less as a last resort....even outside the PRC or other places where apex predators are scavenging in cities and the burbs.
    Cats pretty much get what they deserve, because....well...they're cats, but owls, hawks, snakes, and some other small mammals....like non-domesticated felines eat rodents.
    Rodenticide addled mieces make for a fast meal, but everybody knows fast food is bad for you.

It's kinda fuzzy logic, but sometimes more rat poison = more rats....and who knows?
    The NEXT pandemic might not be human caused!
    (.....or....maybe it WILL be.... ;) )

Stick with glue traps (pun almost unintended) with a small dollop of peanut butter to boost the olfactory attraction.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    We came across an owl, near-death, could have eaten a poisoned mouse. :(

MiceBabies likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nevertheless...

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    we have too many hawks

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    let me know when you stop slapping mosquitos

7. MiceBabies

MiceBabies New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I can tell you with 100% certainty the poison and traps are only a TEMPORARY fix. I had severe mice infestation last year and bought the professional stuff on the internet which only came in a 50 pound container. The stuff that if mice has other stuff to eat then this is the only poison they will eat as it has oats and other stuff mixed into the loose contents. What happens is the mice have created multiple holes in places that you cannot reach to place a barrier. The mice leave their pheromones that last for years. The new mice smell this and enter. I even ran an ozone machine in my car 24 hours a day to try and destroy a smell that I cannot smell. I even locked my cat in the car. I have many, many cats that are not fed. Cats that are wild and stay here as it is safe from neighbors dog that let go where-ever that regulars kills cats. These are not my cats and I do not feed them and there are STILL mice in my car.

I have every trap every made and some not even on the market any longer. I have tried every poison on the market currently.

Poison = temporary fix and dangerous for birds and other wildlife

Traps = disgusting and temporary fix

Dryer Sheets = only work IF mice have never entered before and it is the CHEMICAL smell, not the scent ie fresh breeze, lavender which is also not good for you to be smelling

Peppermint and all the other 100% essential oils = do NOT work if mice has ever entered your car even 3 years ago

Steel wool, Barriers, Chicken Wire, Steel = they just chew another f%$&_ing hole so you are making sure your car gets destroyoed even more.

WHAT WORKS: THANK YOU THANK YOU for the guy the posting on the aerosol rust coating which WORKS! I had used something similar that I had on hand, to his ebay link, and for the first morning I did not have to vacuum out crap. I sprayed it on the engine block and other places they nest. The chemical smell is extremely strong.

I used for undersign TRANSTAR 4423. For the engine area I used a remove rusty nail spray (do nto know name - buy at Home Depot for nails and fittings I cannot get loose) that does not stay tacky like the Transtar.

What happens with the poison is you may kill all the local mice for the Winter but then there is next Winter or you move or you park your car at someone else house. Once mice have EVER entered your car, you MUST coat it. This is alot quicker then constantly putting it poison/traps AND cost less. Also, I spent A LOT of time cover the entry holes just to freak out when I came outside to find I can now see the road while I am driving!

I will have to get a new car when Summer arrives - that is how bad the damage.

When you do clean up droppings what a few days so whatever virus on poo is dead. Everything on internet says spray with clorix water Yeah right so then you have white spots in you black carpet. I used alcohol spray and it melted the pleather seats and a chemical reaction caused it to stick to my shirt. The pleather melted off on me with rubbing alcohol. So I ozone and vacuum wearing a mask.

TRANSTAR 4423 is an AEROSOL so no special equipment. Will do this annually. THANK THANK YOU for this Chat room and the guy that posted this! I am no longer crying.

8. MiceBabies

MiceBabies New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    ONLY REMEDY rust proofing on page 1 with LINK

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if the poison stops working, i will consider it. the mice were in my car, not anymore.

i won't be shocked if they come back, they're probably giving the food to the owls, who aren't as wise as they (apparently) are portrayed

so does your car just stink all the time?