1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin Defender $134 vs Pirelli P4 $87

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by C Clay, Oct 4, 2023.

1. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    @C Clay

Those tires still look great after 80k.

That is good news.

Thanks for the pictures.

2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    @AzusaPrius As far as I’m aware America’s Tire/Discount Tire (in other states) will only rotate for free, unless you bought the lifetime balancing from them, or it’s a free flat repair.

3. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    @jzchen

I bought my P4 tires from amazon.

I had them installed at a small tire shop.

I always go to Americas Tire and they never charge me for rotation and balance.

Unless your tires are no good then they will not rotate or balance them.

Even tire flat repairs are free.

They have to keep those kids working at the shop and getting practice all the time.

So they never charge for those things.

They can easily see on their computers that I did not buy tires from them at any point and still never charge me.

4. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    @AzusaPrius I’m not sure if they like you better or what but I can 100% ask for a tire rotation and it’s free, but the minute I ask for “balance” they’ll charge me. Before they could sell me the road hazard and include lifetime balance, but most recently they just subtracted $20 (I want to guess per tire) when I brought our ‘23 EQB for it’s first rotation….

@C Clay I checked and there’s no Discount Tire near you sadly. But hey I’d definitely live with road noise for longer tread life….

#24 jzchen, Oct 11, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  5. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here is my latest visit with free rotation & balance.

I make my appointments online but have done walk in but it takes longer but was always free. 20231213_194820-1.jpeg

6. Mr. F

Mr. F Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  7. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You might want to inform them that the lug nut torque is 76ft#'s not 80.

#27 ASRDogman, Dec 14, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
  8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Free tire rotation Jesus Lord man this is hysterical I don't run those expensive tires that have me running in and out of tire stores moving the tires around basically for the $50 I pay for tire I don't generally have to rotate those I run those to 45K and throw them out and put a new set on that way they're always black too I don't run tires turning white from age I can make that $45,000 generally in about a year I pay $200 $225 for a set of tires or I live in North Carolina where the temperature is very tepid I don't need all the fancy tires with all the fancy compounds for all the fancy weather scenarios that are created in other places so there's always that. And we like those hard tires around here in the heat they do real well which is mostly what we have here The few months of the cold the hard tires will slip and slide a bit but that's okay we like that down here in general Lee country. We're not looking for the non-frantic experience per se. Although I think in the last 5 years that has changed. Everybody down here now drives like all the people in California basically. But it hasn't reached us out here in the country yet We still drive basically like we want to All the state patrol are in the big cities trying to catch the idiots going to work seriously.

9. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    My tires are made in Poland You have to love it It's great stuff.