1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin Energy MXV4+ Green Tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by tomdeimos, Jul 5, 2005.

1. dbarry

dbarry Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another MXV4 Update:
    Got caught in a thunderstorm Friday... horizontal rain perpendictular to the car! At 55 MPH, stability was excellent, no drift at all!

2. popoff

popoff New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B. Roberts\";p=\"106453)</div>
    Twice yesterday, during a heavy rain at ~60MPH on a straight road, either the VSC or the traction control kicked in for just a fraction of a second. It was unexpected both times but it sure caught my wife's and my attention. It happened so quickly and unexpectedly both times, I did not notice any warning lights coming on.

Are the OEM's that sensitive to wet traction conditions?

3. dbarry

dbarry Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did some studying and noticed that the car with the MXV4's doesn't wove much when you push on the side of the car. My wife's car, with the OEM tires, moves sideways easily when you push on the car.

Could this mean the OEM tires have considerably less rigid sidewalls? Would the flexible sidewalls lead the car to "wander"??

do not know. All I can say is we're taking my wife's car in Monday to ditch the OEM's with another set of MXV4's. IMHO the OEM tires are pure junk!