1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin Energy Saver A/S Backlog

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Dark_matter_doesn't, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yesterday I ordered a set of these tires, and today got a call that they have a 12 week backlog. I've NEVER heard of this before. These must be incredibly popular or Michelin has major production problems.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try the goodyear ecopia's!

3. Dark_matter_doesn't

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You mean the Bridestone Ecopias? I'm now getting the EP100's in a few days.

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have Continental ProContact Eco Plus tires. They give a very smooth and quiet ride with LRR of the OEM Integrity tires. Wet traction is much better than the Integrity. I love it!

5. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Ecopias are not 100s any more (at least I couldn't find them) - they have a different number (don't remember off hand)... FYI - Costco has em in stock at many locations - cost is like $100 mounted.......... And you get lifetime rotations...

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'd suggest Bridgestone Ecopia EP20, in 195/65R15. Costco USA is listing them right now, for 2010 Prius. We got a set for our previous '06 Civic Hybrid, found them pretty good. They are all-season LRR.

7. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Free rotation - just drop off the car and pick it up 6 hours later.

8. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like those tires. I wish they had a rebate like the Michelin and Bridgestones. :(

9. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Semi true - I always show up 15 minutes before they open - that way you end up first in, and first out - but if you aren't one of the first two, you are correct...

10. UGC

UGC Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    has anyone tried out the Yokohama's dB Super E-Spec? They performed very well according to tirerack.

Here is the chart test:
    Tires : Test Results : The Tire Rack

Here is a little copy/paste - they are more green than most tires, because they are made with orange oil:

"Yokohama has introduced a new tire model that replaces 80% of the petroleum based products that used to make up a tire’s composition with non-petroleum based products. The new dB Super E-spec passenger tire uses Yokohama’s Super Nano-Power Rubber compound and Advanced Inner Liner to create a tire that is 80% petroleum free, performs better than conventional tires made of vulcanized rubber, and has ultra-low rolling resistance.​
    The new Yokohama orange oil-infused tire is their first product designed specifically for hybrid automobiles. Introduced in Japan in 2007, the dB super E-spec reconciles the conflict between low rolling resistance – key to delivering improved fuel economy – and superior grip in both wet and dry conditions while offering the quiet, comfortable ride that compliments the silent driving characteristics of hybrids. This translates directly into improved fuel economy as rolling resistance can account for up to 20 per cent of the friction that a vehicle must overcome when moving."

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't regret buying it without a rebate. They are well worth it.

1 person likes this.
  12. Dark_matter_doesn't

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I got the Bridgestone Ecopia EP100's mounted today, and the first impression is that they're remarkably quiet. On new asphalt, there's no discernable tire noise at 35 MPH, and even rough pavement is muted. I'm also seeing evidence of higher mileage, though I'll know more after the next fill-up.

I'll have to try out the handling aspects this weekend

13. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Also, a backlog on the Hydroedge.

14. alfon

alfon Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was the first person in this Forum to buy Michelin Energy Saver Tires, 195x65x15, which replaced the factory installed Avid Yokohama.

We now have 40,000 miles on them. MPG increased a noticeable 2-4 mpg over the Yokohama tires they replaced.

I purchased at costco in 2009 when they first came out. I was also the first to buy them at the Warrenton Oregon Costco store.

I rotate every 5,000 miles, free service at Costco, and keep all four tires inflated to max sidewall pressure of 44 PSI, with Nitrogen, which Costco uses for all newly installed tires.

All four tires are wearing evenly, they are very quiet, and it looks like I will get another 15,000 to 20,000 miles on them before they approach the wear bar indicators on the tire.

When I have to buy new tires again I will take a serious look at the Nokian ETyre, which is probably on the same level as the Michelin Energy Tire with comparable or even better mpg results. Also the tread life is probably 70,000 to 80,000 miles.

Alfon

15. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Alfon, I seriously considered the enTYRE but unfortunately they don't have a 215/45/17 or I'd try them out. TiresbyWeb.com has free shipping which helps make up the cost of not having the $70 rebate that Michelin does. Because they don't have the size I need I will purchase the Primacy MXM4 due to the great performance reviews.

Thanks for your updated on the Energy Savers. Posts like hat are very helpful to those looking for new tires.

16. FRANKMAG

FRANKMAG New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am 1st time Owner, bought car without the ceiling lights working. Can you suggest how I get help? FRANKIE

17. FRANKMAG

FRANKMAG New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II

18. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A