1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin Energy Saver A/S Review

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by F8L, Jun 1, 2012.

1. our1vue

our1vue Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have 5K on my ES A/S so it is time to rotate them. The owners manual says front to back. Since this is a non directional tire, would it be
    better to swap sides as the backs are moved to the front ? The Michelin website says that is the way to rotate front wheel drive cars. I wasn't
    sure if LRR tires follow the same rules. Thanks.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    ^+1. They're a decent, out-of-the-spotlight LRR option. I've bought them TWICE now for our previous Civic Hybrid (still in the family). They only come in 195/65R15, Toyota's known to use them as OEM.

I just would not run them in significant snow once they're down below 6/32", when all their siping is pretty much gone.

3. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I just follow the Owners Manual, keep them on one side only.Toyota's kind of lone wolf in this though:

I know Honda (for one) always says straight back and cross to front.

4. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    As these are non-directional tires, the "Michelin" method is preferred for the best wear and tire life if the wheels are the same. I am inclined to think Toyota recommends front to back only to avoid any confusion should the owner have directional tires installed. It's a lawyer thing.

5. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    One downside to Toyota method (so far): all our rim rash is on one side. :(

Merkey and frodoz737 like this.
  6. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Still considering a set of the Pirelli Cinturato P7 all season 205/50 17 for the Persona wheels I bought. The Continental ProContacts are also in the running, since I actually drove a Prius that had a new set installed and found that they were quiet, good riding and a fairly responsive tire. The OE Yokohama Avids are really close to the wear bars at 48,000 + miles. Definitely lasted longer than I thought they would and wore evenly through all the miles.

7. attyjeff

attyjeff Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just bought a set to replace my ecopa with 71,000. I put sams against sears and sears won out with 70. Rebate. They seem more quite and ride better. They also seem to roll better. Oh I paid 546. Out the door, then subtract 70.00 rebate. I also got free rotation and balance and road hazard included.

8. Mo G

Mo G Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Reviving an old thread but,

ItsI that time for tire replacement. Its the ever lasting debate between ecopia 422 plus vs Energy Saver A/S.

Those that switched from 422 plus to energy savers, whats the difference in ride comfort? Tire noise? And wet traction?