1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin energy savers question

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by CoreyP, Feb 6, 2021.

1. CoreyP

CoreyP Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Quick question

On the Discount Tire website, the Michelin energy savers are showing that they don't fit my vehicle. However, the size dimensions do fit. Apparently they are designed for the mini cooper.

Does anyone know if there's a reason not to still use them? Will they damage my wheels or something?

Im in a 2013 Prius c 2

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i can't think of a reason, but i would have a talk with them first. hard to believe they would make a tyre for only one vehicle

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    What’s the stock Prius c size; they’re not showing that? FWIW they’ve apparently discontinued 195/65R15, the reg Prius size (3rd gen and onward). I checked just a few days back.

4. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The tire size is: 175/65R15 | 84H

One of the OEM tires that came on the Prius C was/is the Bridgestone Turanza EL400. In my area that tire is running $174.00 each. (A bit pricey for me). The Turanza has been a good tire. I'm currently at 54,000 miles and still haven't hit the tread wear indicators. However they are showing sidewall cracks, which means I'll be replacing soon. Not bad at all for a 5 year old set of tires.

Just an FYI. If you go to a Toyota dealer, they will price match so long as you bring in a quote from the competing tire place.

Mendel Leisk likes this.