1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin Harmony or Michelin Energy MXV4

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BH1973, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've driven ~1K miles on the Ecopia tires, so a brief update. Very quiet ride. Great handling. We've had heavy rain in southern AZ a few times, no problem with hydroplaning at highway speeds. The only "complaint" is that the tire tread pattern is such so that it will easily pick up little rocks that get caught in the tires.

I also replaced the iridium spark plugs recently.

What is weird is that the mpg per MFD has been in the mid-40s. Now it is in the low-50s, over a couple of fuel tank refills. I don't know whether this is primarily attributable to the new tires or the new spark plugs, but I am very happy about that!

2. BAllanJ

BAllanJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about getting the Ecopia for summer use. I'll probably put the Integrities back on in the spring and get a second summer out of them.... feels wrong to throw away that much oil when they're only moderately terrible at this time (I haven't put 18 Mm on them yet). But then in a little over a year I'll replace the Integrities when switching back from winter tires in the spring of '11. Since I like the Blizzaks so much, I thought I'd stick with the same manufacturer for summer... and I like the idea of summer tires in summer rather than so-called all-season. And my tire dealer recommends them.

What pressure are you/ can you run these tires at?

It rains in AZ? I guess that's why your valley is green.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    44 psi is the max cold pressure per the sidewall. I am using 42/40 psi.

Yes, believe it or not, there are two rainy seasons in the Tucson area: winter rain and summer monsoons. Pecan trees and Pima cotton are the main agricultural products in the southern Arizona area, unless you count saguaro cactus...

1 person likes this.
  4. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We have 2 Priuses. The 05 has Pirelli 3000 tires on it. The 06 Michelin X. The differences are like night and day. I really like the michelins on the 06. They are quiet, sure footed in inclement weather and handle very well giving me the feeling of complete control. The Pirellis get flat spots in them and bump down the road, they are noisy compared to the michelins and dont do as well on wet pavement. I really dont like the flat spots. My only complaint about the Michelins is that they don't give as good a MPG as I got on thre integritys. Oh well.
    -Paul R. Haller-

5. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Ihave the Michellin Primacy MX4 and get the same mileage as on the Integritys.