1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin Ice Xi2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rick3401, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Rick3401

Rick3401 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thought I'd throw this out there for those asking about snow tires. I haven't tried the heppas or contis and I'm sure they are great tires as well. This is just my 2 pennies worth...After a lot of research and wrestling with a decision on which snow tires to buy, I decided on a set of Michelin Ice Xi2s for the Prius, just in time for our first significant snow storm. I have to say I'm very impressed. I took the prius into an empty parking lot with 4 inches of snow on top of ice to play around and get a feel for it. It took a lot to get the the TC to kick in. On the street they are awesome on ice, snow, and slush. I actually had to go around a 4-runner that was having a tough time getting through an intersection. I come from a jeep TJ background and anyone who drives a 4x4 can tell you that when turning corners too quickly 4x4s tend to keep you going in a straight line. These tires grip really well and I had no issues with that. The one thing I would do now is put on some mud flaps. These tires throw slush and snow all over the undercarriage. The sound of the slush hitting the bottom of chassis is very loud.