1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin MXV4 pressure for even wear

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MattFL, Oct 10, 2009.

1. MattFL

MattFL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    As I type this, my Prius is awaiting 4 new Michelin MXV4 tires. Can anyone tell me from experience with this particular tire, what pressure do you run for even wear? The OEM Integrities wore horribly uneven and were done at only 20k miles so I want to prevent that problem again.

1 person likes this.
  2. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't know the answer to your question, but thought I'd pass on something I saw on TireRack.com -- a $70 rebate on many Michelin tires. Per their item:

"Pick Up $70
    When you purchase a set of four (4) new MICHELIN® brand passenger or light truck tires you may be eligible to receive a $70 rebate by mail. Offer valid on tires purchased from in-stock inventory between 12:00 a.m. EDT October 1, 2009 and 11:59 p.m. EST November 15. 2009.
    Offer valid in the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia including APO/FPO addresses.

See all eligible MICHELIN® brand tires.

Tire Rack will mail a copy of your invoice to your billing address within 1-2 weeks. You will need to complete Michelin's registration form online to receive your redemption form and submit it, along with your invoice (website order placed page and order/shipment confirmation emails not accepted) to the address provided after registration. An invoice will also be shipped with your order."

To review eligible tires:
    Michelin Tires Available at Tire Rack

1 person likes this.
  3. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Check them out at Costco. They have a great service ethic and $70.00 off too.

4. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Follow the label on the drivers door jam.

5. MattFL

MattFL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the tips on the discounts, wish I had posted sooner! I was actually at Sears waiting for the tires to be installed when I posted so looks like I'm out $70. :(

As for the pressure; I was meticulous about running the pressures in the door with the OEM Integrities and they went completely bald on the sides with plenty of tread in the middle. Will these MXV4's actually wear correctly on this car with the Toyota recommended pressures?

6. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I may be wrong, but I wouldn't give up on the $70 rebate. Your tires appear to be among those eligible per Michelin's site. You bought them after October 1 and before Nov 15. I think this is a Michelin rebate, not a TireRack rebate. So, if you check into it further, you may be able to obtain the $70. Let us all know what you find out.

7. MattFL

MattFL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I looked on Michelin's site but didn't see any info on the rebate. I will look again, my wife always tells me I can't find things. ;) Thanks!