1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Midwest availability

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by navsaria, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Jeff25rs

Jeff25rs New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you know how many people were ahead of you in line at the dealership you ordered from? Has production increased since the end of last year or has it been pretty constant?

bodgm likes this.
  2. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    duplicate

#483 priuscatprimeguy, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  3. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in OK. I ordered mine June 30 and the arrival is expected October/November.

4. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Alas... even if I had not yet heard anything about "my" car, Inner Grove Heights is about 500 miles from here. If I were going to go THAT far to find one, I'd probably be just as well off by heading to up-state NY and visiting family for a week or two while hunting.

5. Son of Gloin

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    That seems about right... at least, when compared to my situation. I ordered ours on the 1st of May, and it looks like we MIGHT get it by the end of August... 4 months. If we say your order date was the 1st of JULY and it arrives by the end of OCTOBER, then that's also 4 months. But of course, NONE of this is "final" until it's... well... until it's "final"........

6. Son of Gloin

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Yep... as of NOW, the last 6 characters of the VIN that I've been given are 28CI52... and no, I'm not giving any VIN-#s to anyone yet, although I have given my insurance agent a heads-up that we will be swapping out cars fairly soon. And WOW... 14 days to be shipped those last 15 miles? If the "local holding lot" in my case is Indianapolis, then it's probably about 15 miles from my dealership, too.

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  7. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Mr. Son, are you expected to receive a 2018 Prime or does anyone know? Also, what would be specs of car, assuming a 2018 model??

Do you feel as though they're treating you like a mushroom: they keep you in the dark and feed you B.S.??!!

8. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The timing for both seems to match what others have said here. I saw a web site schedule on one of the fleet company's sites that showed the dates of Prius orders, date of manufacture, and delivery dates, etc. I stupidly didn't book mark it, but it jived with what we've been told. I'll try to find it again. It seems like I was Googling shipping dates or something like that a couple of weeks ago.

I had hoped I'd have mine during some quality warm weather to test it out, but late October delivery is not helping.

9. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    also @Son of Gloin and @Mark57, you will be official when when you take ownership of that coveted and elusive Toyota Prius Prime:cool:

10. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine was ordered after his and it's going to be a 2017.

11. nanobozho

nanobozho Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    i had started talking to another new york state dealer and the car from the first dealer arrived... took a train to rochester and picked it up... had no problem with the out of state purchase, other than the confusion about where the car was...
    apparently, it was in transit from muskegon, michigan, but was held up while one dealer waited for their trade to arrive... there was some muttering about the flatbed driver not being the sharpest...
    really enjoying my prime... have 2k miles on it now, drove it back from ny via michigan, and then back and forth to michigan again last week...

#492 nanobozho, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  12. Son of Gloin

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I haven't done any research or anything, but I've been to three different dealerships since about the middle of June. At all three, I asked about the 2018s... and at all three I was told that "typically" Toyota doesn't "change over" to the next year's Prius line-up until at least November, so I guess it will be about the same with the Primes.

And no, I don't feel like a mushroom... at least not at the moment. I did, after all, get the news about production date of my car (and vessel arrival date) not long ago. ALSO... I'm sort of used to lengthy waiting periods. It was just about a three months' wait from when I ordered our '08 (the first week in April) until it was in our garage on the 4th of August).

#493 Son of Gloin, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  13. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    When I got my Prime it was November 30th and I think the assembly date was the beginning of November

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  14. Son of Gloin

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Ahem... doing my best Jim Carrey impersonation: "All-righty, then!"

And NO... we don't have our Prime yet, BUT...

...on the 14th, I shared an image showing our Prime's ORIGINAL "build sheet" info. And today I'm sharing an image showing our Prime's REVISED "build sheet" info that I received a few days ago. Both images are below (ORIGINAL above REVISED)... but the long story made as short as possible:

Our Prime's "vessel arrival" date is now six days EARLIER than it was... the 1st of August instead of the 7th....

ORIGINAL.png REVISED.png

15. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Great news. If yours is a bit quicker, then mine might be as well. It's still a glimmer in the eye of a build robot in Japan.

16. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I feeling for ya man!! It's the Agony and the Ecstasy! The car is not a Michelangelo creation, but it is a Masterpiece!! You must be a doctor, to have such patience!

17. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    yuk yuk:rolleyes:

18. Son of Gloin

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Yup... those "plastic smell issues" are a YUGE concern for MANY people!

19. Son of Gloin

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    And yet AGAIN with the "All-righty, then!"

On the 16th, I posted that the VIN that I had been "given" ended "28CI52", but just yesterday I was "given" a new VIN ending "038828". So... does that mean that what will EVENTUALLY (?) become my Prime / Premium is REALLY "real"?

PS: If in the "relative" area / if "you" might be interested in this dealership (about 15 miles west of downtown INDY) ... ask for Max Hopper ... (317) 713-8181....

Attached Files:

Mark57 and priuscatprimeguy like this.