1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Might be a good idea to buy a few gas cans; Blitz USA closes its doors.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mike500, Aug 26, 2012.

1. imOCD4a_prius

imOCD4a_prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I don't mind doing it now, but its just so humid here in GA!
    -Alex[/quote]
    hi Alex-I'm NOT sure i understand how the high humidity and NOT the direct rays of the SUN affects your clothes drying ? We have days-far too many -when the humidity is really high and the only thing that's dripping w/ sweat..is me. So, I've learned t 'hang' b-4 the sun hits the back yd. Then again, if i WANT to SAVE $- I go out & do it anytime I have heavy (towels) or those king-size sheets.
    ********Now dig this: Just b-4 coming here, Fl Gas Co e'd me that my bill for the month was ready--ok what the hell let's see . . . "$14.91" That's cooking, Hot Water heater AND the analog clothes dryer powered by 330watts to make the tub rock-n-roll....."$14,91 !! That includes the BASIC charge AND what it costs the gas co. to pump it down the line...another words every month there r THREE CHARGES ! Not just usage. Another way to compare it to a Gas Station : That's tantamount to my paying the fuel for the Tanker to deliver to the station AND paying the PUMP as i fill up MYSELF. I'm NOT trying to BORE the masses here yet, when I took the time to REALLY examine my bill 8 years ago- I was livid (besides really pissed). Just as the masses (MY FRIENDS W/O Prii) bitch about the high price of gas . . .I keep asking...Then why do so damn many supposedly EDUCATED AMERICANS speed to red lights, only to see me coast along side them SMILING ?? WHY r so many passing me on the interstates as I do 65 or even 55mph in a 55 ZONE--they want to crawl up my tailpipe ?
    Maybe i should printout a sign (on my rear window) that reads "If Ya gonna Hit Me-Hit me HARD so i can get a Pluig-in ! " Take care u guys...I'm gonna finish steam-cleaning my LR rug. DJ (No it's NOT solar powered, not yet anyway).

2. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    ^^ I feel like the attached image is a good analogy to describe the behavior of the masses in their vehicles....[​IMG]

3. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

4. imOCD4a_prius

imOCD4a_prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Alex--i'M W/ YOU my friend. In Fl. 100% humidity usually means it's pouring cats & dogs so anything on the line gets an extra rinse. In reality I just don't choose to wash on those days. During "Isaac" we had 4+ st8 days of r
    heavy rain bands-oh well, we used the inside dryer. As far as the time element-hell, I hang 'em it out and like my Italian uncle GeGe usd to say "forgetaboutit." As long as the rain clouds ain't imminent I've got more important things to do-I'm just glad the gas. co isn;t getting any more of my $$. Have a happy & safe Labor Day there Alex. DJ (Fri 5:55pm EDT)

5. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Back to the OP.
    IIRC, Blitz is also the company that made the oil change catch pans if you're a DIY with maintenance.

6. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thet part of the company was spun off into F3 Brands and the product line was marketed under the Rhinogear trademark.

In April of this year, the F3 Brands operation was "auctioned off" in bankruptcy proceedings. The two bidders most intereested were Scepter of Canada and Hopkins Manufacturing of Kansas.

Hopkins won the bid and most all except Rhinp Ramps will be marketed under Hopkins' FloTool brand.

Hopking is a much better company than Blitz ever was. They make the best trailer wiring adapters and components in the market.

Trollbait likes this.
  7. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Tort reform.