Mileage brags - personal bests or unusual highs

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by michael.sfo, Nov 8, 2018.

1. michael.sfo

michael.sfo New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Post your personal bests in this thread!

My SF-San Jose morning commute was longer than usual today thanks to especially bad traffic on the freeway, and dropping off a carpool passenger a couple of miles away from the freeway in congested Mountain View, CA. But the Prius c likes this kind of traffic. My new personal record this morning, along with a picture of Boris Badenov before we started: IMG_5300.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg

2. skayaks

skayaks Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That's terrific mileage. I'm familiar with the area you are traversing and it's a wonder you can accomplish that with the traffic.
    Love to brag about the C's capabilities. Posted my car's best tank (with photo) in the old "Top 20" thread last year, but I'll brag about one part of that tank. I've noted here before that my Fuelly number is inflated by a weekly cross-Massachusetts trip on (mostly) back roads.
    Weather and traffic conditions were both close to perfect on Tuesday, July 4th, 2017 and I achieved my PR for that trip:
    92.0 mpg for the westbound leg; and 95.9 mpg for the 200 mile round-trip. (Both numbers from the display. FWIW, that full tank calculated mpg was 4% below the displayed mpg.)

#2 skayaks, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    michael.sfo, ztanos and roadrunner like this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My personal best $1.11 per gallon of gas in 2002... And I see you're now down to $1.77 already... Not much longer till you break my record! ;-)

michael.sfo likes this.
  4. michael.sfo

michael.sfo New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just updated the computer's value for gas price last night when I tanked up; going forward my mileage shots will show the correct fuel cost (I paid $3.95/gal plus tax last night).

5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I guess my record of $1.11 per gallon is much safer now!