1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mileage hit vs Prius is too severe

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by web1b, Oct 26, 2011.

1. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The 2.0 liter HSD is coming in 2014. It would be turbocharged as well and said to be even more efficient than the new 2.5 liter HSD (38.5% thermal efficiency).

The GenII Prius was about 37% and Gen III was about 38% efficient so those two new engines are improvements with dual VVT-i and direct injection.

markabele and a priori like this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You have to wonder if that's going into the next Gen Prius or whether they'll stick with the 1.8 litre setup.

Maybe the liftback will be 1.8 litres and the v will be turbocharged? Or maybe they're secretly planning a sports car...

3. umichioe

umichioe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I was in the market for a 2012 CR-V (which is nice). But brought home a v. I paid about $3000 premium for the v but will recoup the cost with gas saving in 4 years. Also, v is a nicer car to drive. Very stable and quiet on the highway at 75 mph. It has a slightly highly seating position than a regular car.

Also, the v is NOT slow. It just feels slow because of the CVT and can't see the tach. The time (based on magazines) for it from 0-30 is pretty much the same as other 4-cycl CUVs. It may be 1 to 1.5 sec slow to get from 0-60. Anyway, I never need to 0-60.