1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mileage Just Keeps Getting Better

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Kizzy, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Kizzy

Kizzy Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought my Prius in late December, and am currently on my third tank. My driving is a fairly even combination of city and highway, short grocery trips and cross-town drives. On the first tank I averaged 48.2 MPG according to the MFD. On the second tank, my FE improved to 56.2 MPG, after reading tips here on PC and becoming more adept at pulse and glide techniques. Now I am 60 miles into my third tank, and the MFD is reading 59.3 MPG so far, as I've recently upped my tire pressures to 40/38. I haven't gone to 42/40 yet, but imagine at the slightly higher PSI I'd see yet another improvement.

I just continue to be amazed at the efficiency of this car. The weather here in Los Angeles has been "relatively" cold this winter (high 30's/low 40's in the evening, mid 50's during the day). This week has been warmer which I'm attributing to the better FE I'm seeing on this tank.

If I'm doing this well in winter I can't wait to see how well the car performs in summer when the temps are higher, and the car is past the 5,000 mile break-in point. :)

Love my Prius!

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Congratulations for the excellent results!

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wait 'til Spring!