1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mine is on the way...need a little feedback

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ciaoboy, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ciaoboy

ciaoboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My new 2011 Winter Gray Five with ATP is on the way! In the meantime, in reading the forums, I have a question about the tons of body modifications available. Since I wasn't able to get the Plus Performance Package, I see other options available... Are these body kits something the Dealer would install, or a qualified body shop? Will body modifications void the warranty? Is it worth it to lower the Prius?
    On the 100 mile drive back from the dealer today, I REALLY noticed how many Prius's are out there, and really want mine to stand out. I see the other, less drastic modifications, like LED light kits, emblems, wheels, and am curious about how easy the electrical modification items on Ebay are for the average person to install. Plus, will it void the warranty?
    I've really enjoyed reading what you have shared about your Prius, and hope to be able to contribute, when I finally get mine... HOPEFULLY this weekend! Thanks

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You could move to Mississippi, less than one car in 1400 is a Prius.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride when you get it!

1 person likes this.
  4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lower it? All signs point to yes!

But, be careful, you'll reach a point where clearance does become an issue. There are tricks to clearing driveways, ramps, etc. with a lowered car and it can take a bit of practice to master them. And that one time you forget—bam! Good news is, it becomes second nature after a while. Just make sure it's second nature to anyone else who drives the car.

I suspect the PLUS package parts will soon be available through Toyota; there are also lots of aftermarket choices already available. When I was having some suspension mods done on my car, there was a Prius up on another rack having Tanabe (I think it was) springs and struts installed.

I've never been a fan of most body kits, but that's only my opinion and there are some tasteful options out there, too.

1 person likes this.
  5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Body modifications won't void the warranty.

1 person likes this.
  6. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Suspension mods won't either. I love the mods I've made, and a Tanabe front sway bar is on the way. The NF-210 springs give a medium drop and make the body wheel wells fit better around the stock 15" wheels. I've had some scrapes on really aggressive speed bumps, but generally no problems. There are good instructions on the accessories & mods forum for the spring install if you're reasonably good with tools.

1 person likes this.
  7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are plenty of mods available for the Prius. Click on the links in my signature for a few. I'm missing the rear sway bar mod which makes a huge difference for little money. There are nice body kits out there, AIMGAIN being my favorite, but expect to spend $3000+ for something like that.

1 person likes this.
  8. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    3000 lol that's nothing compared to what I've spent lol