1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

mini iPod coming - best Prius interface?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mikepaul, Sep 28, 2004.

1. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I seem to have won a mini iPod playing Hyperactive on G4/TechTV. Once the paperwork gets back to them, they're supposed to send it to me.

Does the mini iPod have any limitations on connectivity?

Is there a way to ADD an iPod, and not just unplug the #9 6-CD changer to get it to work?

Thanks...

2. DanH

DanH New Member

At this time I believe your only other options would be use an adapter in the cassette or a FM transmitter. I haven't seen any mention of anyone making a splitter box to keep the 6 CD changer intact.

Actually after you get your iPod you might find there will be very little need for the 6 CD changer. :)

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I like the new (not! the old) Belkin FM Transmitter. Works well sitting in the armrest in that front slot, iPod in the tray and the Belkin power adapter plugged in the outlet. A thing of beauty is a joy to behold for ever.

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Glad you liked my knowledge base article. Please update it to reflect your success or failure with your solution!

Nate