1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MiniBMS unreliable charger shut off

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by cproaudio, Jun 2, 2011.

1. lopezjm2001

lopezjm2001 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The wiring diagrams I have made and works with my miniBMS are attached below.

2. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Message deleted

3. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi CPRoaudio,

I have just found out why the HVC signal will not latch for you. If you switch off the BMS16D the HVC signal will latch the charger and the charger will stay off. I have just connected up the BMS16D today and did a charge and found that the HVC kept switching on and off and the miniBMS kept beeping on and off. I found that it finally latched the charger to the off position after only switching off the BMS16D. I hope this helps.

It appears that the HVC relay signal of the BMS16D is being reset by noise coming from the BMS16D.

Lately I have moved my BMS16D outside the Enginer box. There are no cell volts connected to it. I am just using it as a data logger for the converter values Vo, Io and Ii. The only cables connected to my BMS16D are a 48Vdc supply from the RFE battery, RJ45 data plug from the converter and the USB cable to the data display unit.

I will try using a small capacitor to go across the ignition input and ground to filter out the noise. See if this works.

I learned a long time ago to use a plugin timer set for 5 hours to charge my Enginer battery pack whilst using my BMS16D. I still use a plugin timer just incase.

4. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So I'm not crazy then...

5. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I am still waiting on your psychologist's report !!

Did you ever suspect that the BMS16D was causing it? Can you check to see if switching off the BMS16D fiixes the problem.

Thanks,

John