1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mirror Glass replacement - anyone know?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by dhman2006, Jul 15, 2017.

1. dhman2006

dhman2006 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    So, I have a question that I am really hoping that someone has an answer to. My car was vandalized but the vandals only decided to damage the passenger side mirror glass. The glass has been shattered but the rest of mirror assembly is in perfect condition. I found a glass for only $20 online and hoping there's someone here who knows how I can just replace the glass.

So the question is - is there any way I can just take the shattered glass off and replace that with the new glass? Does anyone have any step by step procedure that they wouldn't mind sharing?

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    dhman2006 likes this.
  3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Yes, you push the mirror glass all the way to one side so you can get a large flat blade screwdriver in behind it. Use the screwdriver to "pop" out the ball by twisting it at the ball base and the mirror and backing will come off. The new mirror and backing just pops back on. The mirror is glued to a plastic back with a ball in the centre and it moves around (adjusts) on that ball.
    Be careful not to damage the electric adjuster parts in there.

dhman2006 and Raytheeagle like this.
  4. dhman2006

dhman2006 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks folks. Appreciate the help