1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Misc. Replacements, help please!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Gstatus64, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Gstatus64

Gstatus64 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey there, so I have a few things I want to do. First off, I want to get 1 or 2 new smart start/entry key fobs. I know how to program them, so that's not going to be a problem. The reason why, is so i can have a spare key and have a new key (picture will explain why...)

Secondly, the weather seal things need to be replaced. They're what seals the window to the door on the outside so rain doesnt get in the door. I have pictures.
    Picture 1 is the rear driver door, picture 2 is front passenger, picture 3 is rear passenger.

If there are links to these on Amazon, I would greatly appreciate them! Amazon prime would be preferred as well.

I wish I knew what I was looking for on the diagrams hahaha.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Gstatus64

Gstatus64 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I'm also pointing at the weather seals in the order meaning picture 1 is one finger pointing, picture 2 is 2 fingers, and picture 3 is 3 fingers. Just to clarify haha.

Thanks in advance! I wish I could donate to those of you who help me hahaha.

3. MickyMatter

MickyMatter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
  4. MickyMatter

MickyMatter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I forgot: 1st choose your car. The link is directing to mine.

SM-G950F ?

5. Gstatus64

Gstatus64 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Ok. I'll try it when I get home. Thanks!

Garron T

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just for giggles, try local dealership parts departments. If there's any incompatibility, returns would (hopefully) be easy. Especially if you let them figure the details, what part numbers, etcetera.

7. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Direct replacement key fob cases are available all over ebay for less than 10 bucks. They come with a metal key blank. Just remember to swap over the RFID chip, not just the electronics. I have a couple spare cases I keep in a box just in case one gets damaged.

This link post 531 is where I purchased my brand new key fob for about $140 from a Toyo dealer online. It didn't come with a metal key blank.

How to Program a New Key Fob for Full SKS Functionality | Page 27 | PriusChat

#7 TMR-JWAP, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019