1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Misfire Cold Start

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by DOLLABILL, Oct 31, 2012.

1. DOLLABILL

DOLLABILL New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Ok after finding out I had a bad battery @ Toyota shop they also say the scan is reading an exhaust leak ( I could hear that one ) they also say there is a misfire on cold starts should I worry and what could it be or is it a misread from the other two ? Thank you

2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, how does your car run?

3. DOLLABILL

DOLLABILL New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    so far fine !

4. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, my take is: The engine ECU probably had a misfire once and logged that DTC. Sometimes the engine will misfire intermittently for various reasons. If it does misfire, the ECU will log a DTC and keep it in memory. The technician probably retrieved the DTC and did what he was supposed to do (which is tell you). I would not worry about it unless it happens consistently.

On another note, I would fix the exhaust leak.

5. DOLLABILL

DOLLABILL New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Thanks for your input and Ill keep an eye on it again thank you ! looks like Monday the Battery will be in and then its off to the muffler guy to fix the leak then tires and hopefully I get to drive it !

usnavystgc likes this.