1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Miss Teen USA drops some science...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by tballx, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 28 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]503619[/snapback]</div>
    I think it's the hair products. Kills the brain cells. Hence the more you use, the dumber you get.

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 28 2007, 11:36 PM) [snapback]503625[/snapback]</div>
    So THAT explains why guys are almost always smarter than girls!

:lol:

3. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is no lie -- my 4th grade geography teacher taught us that north is the direction you're facing!!! So it's a wonder I can read a map, much less make it to the bathroom w/o leaving a trail of breadcrumbs!

Note: this teacher was one of two who were deemed good enough to transfel from the segregated black school to the citywide school. Very telling as to the concept of separate but equal. I learned a lot more of value from this experience than I did on directions. That confusion lingers to this day. :D

Peace --

Marjorie.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If it was the miss america pagent I could see the fuss, but its miss USA, the most she will get is a modeling job out of it.. And as we all know not every model is the sharpest crayon in the box. (they are hired for their looks not brains).

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim1eye @ Aug 28 2007, 08:52 PM) [snapback]503597[/snapback]</div>
    Are you trying to be a beauty pageant contestant? :huh:

"Map is an image that represents a geographic area in a way that helps people find places or understand the area's features. Many maps show places or conditions on earth. Maps may also depict other planets, the moon, or the position of stars in space.

In the late 1900's, cartographers began to make most maps using computers. One of the most powerful new cartographic tools is a geographic information system. Such a system consists of computers, computer programs, and extremely large amounts of information. The information, which is stored as computer code, can include measurements or photographs taken from land, sea, or space. Cartographers can use such a system to produce many different maps from the stored data."

http://www.worldbook.com/wb/Article?id=ar343260&st=map

Many photographs pieced together absolutely can become a map. The subject composite image shows the outline of rivers, mountains, coastlines, etc., and in relation to one another - which I would dare to say makes it a map.

6. mini2prius

mini2prius Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Aug 28 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]503321[/snapback]</div>
    Holy smokes! Understanding and compassion? Is that allowed in FHOP?

7. ohershey

ohershey New Member

Umm, Miss Teen USA. That would make her what, 18 or 19? Gee, I can remeber saying some incoherent things at that age, without the benefit of the added pressure of National Television.

With that said, if you are going to go on national TV, take some speech lessons, learn to compose your thoughts and answers.

She does look good in a bikini. though....

8. bulldog

bulldog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    She's hot, it's beauty pageant, not sure why it is a big deal?? This whole brain thing at these competitions are way overrated, they are there because of their looks not brains.

She will be laughing all the way to the bank soon, while all the "smart" people are working their butts off.