1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Missing the gasoline price setting on 2013 Plug-In Prius - is it available on all plug-in models

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by David A. Needleman, Oct 18, 2016.

1. David A. Needleman

David A. Needleman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My PIP had a dealer added option of leather seats, and I've read of the other options such as the factory fog lights that were on the advanced model. I'm pretty sure mine is a base model with a few added touches such as the (non-JBL) audio system with apps, navigation and entune etc as well as the dealer added seats as mentioned.

I'd seen references online to being able to add the gas price to the economy calculators but my PIP seems to be missing that. I even double-checked my Prius user guide, and carefully examined the menus again for the instrument cluster - the 2013 manual says it should be there, but it's not in the menu settings. Is that part of the Advanced package, or do I need some factory firmware update or something?

~Dave

#1 David A. Needleman, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  2. QuantumFireball

QuantumFireball Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I'm not sure about what is available in the US, but over here IIRC only the top-of-the-range navigation system (the one with 14 buttons around the screen) had the additional trip computer functionality. On mine I've got the fuel consumption graph, energy monitor and nothing else.

David A. Needleman likes this.
  3. David A. Needleman

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, that would make sense. For sure I do not have the premium JBL system with the amp and larger screen so that would seem to explain why the feature is not available on the MFD settings. I have the audio system that has the smaller 6.x" TFT with navigation, apps & such, but it's not the top of the line one.

Thanks for the info, trying to find an answer for this was not easy. My dealer service tech didn't know the answer.

#3 David A. Needleman, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    base model does not have it, sorry.

5. David A. Needleman

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Is alright, guess that's what fuelly.com is for in my case :)

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    we also have a spreadsheet in the pip stickies.