1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Misty Gray Tonneau Cover - How to Protect/Keep Clean?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Lottamoxie, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi All,

New Prius IV owner here with the misty gray interior.

I like to use the tonneau cover to keep the hatch area covered at all times.

However, I noticed already some (dark) fingerprints on the cover from needing to pull it back to access contents in the hatch. Yes, those fingerprints would be mine since I'm the only one who uses the car.

I can see I'm going to need to protect the cover in some way to keep it clean. So, I'm asking the Prii brain trust for ideas. I figure someone here has probably thought of something beyond "well, wash your hands each time before touching the cover!"

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This cleaner works great IMO. I've been using it 10 years now for interior car care and around the house for carpet stains, stains on clothing etc.

Interior Cleaner, 8 Ounces - Griot's Garage

It comes in all sizes, including one gallon refill sizes. There's no smell to it at all but don't let that fool you.

3. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks Paradox!

ETA: just placed an order for the 35oz bottle @ AutoAnything, as they have free shipping on all items right now.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Free shipping is always a good thing lol. Griots does 15% off and 20% off codes from time to time, but I do hate their shipping. When I do buy from them though, it's usually just gallon refills at this point since I have all their containers (35oz) already...

Hope you enjoy the product! Just spray it on, let it soak a bit, and use something like a micro fiber to work it in a bit and blot it up dry with a dry part of the towel.

1 person likes this.
  5. seegarman

seegarman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Griot sells great products, I use them too.

Has anyone found a handle attachment to add to the cover? I think a smaill plastic piece can be slipped on the cover edge to act as a handhold in closing the cover.

Unlike other cars and SUVs, Toyota did not design a plastic handle/hole in the cover to assist and protect the cover from soilage.