1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

mm mmmm KFC

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by flareak, Mar 13, 2006.

1. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Nicely done, mate. Yep, exercise of any kind is the way. Sometimes I think that I'm addicted to ice hockey and I think I am guilty of over doing it. Sometimes I feel very old beyond my years. I think to some degree it's over use and diet probably has a component too. I'm going on fish oils and glucosimine soon. Should get back to more Vitamin C and E as well.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

LOL... leave it up to the people on priuschat for a good laugh when you're sigh *cough*... ouch... hehe..

3. Schmika

Schmika New Member

The only thing that has EVER worked for me is portion size control. We have numerous mix and match meals that are around 1900 Calories I spread over 5 meals a day. I have dropped from 245 about 16 months ago to 217 this morning. I hope to finish and stay 205-215.

edit- Oh, DON'T leave the sex part out...lots of good benefits. :rolleyes:

4. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hrm, i was going more for any specific exercises you guys would think of. something preferably easy and/or things that can be done in the office cubicle

5. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Eat less and exercise more. I got an exercise bike to ride while I"m watching the T.V. OH, and drink LOTS of water. I lost 40 pounds this way (in 8 months)-- 5 days a week eat a Special K bar for breakfeast, a well-balanced meal at lunch real late in the day (about 2) then just a light snack like popcorn (not the buttery kind) for dinner. And try not to eat anthing after 8 pm. No alcohol either except for a very occasionl mixed drink.

6. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    At work? Be sure to take the stairs every chance you get. NO ELEVATORS. And if you forget and take an elevator, do jumping jacks if no one else is on board to compensate.

7. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Congratulations! That is impressive!

8. jeneric

jeneric New Member

I play online poker or watch TV or movies while on my exercise bike. The poker really takes my mind off the exercise and I can do 90 minutes a night without even trying. I think I dropped 30 lbs pretty quickly and have kept it off for probably a year. I should probably change my diet to really get toned, but, like the thread says, MMMMmmmmmmm.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  10. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

oh :blink: uh.. i thought sex was best in cubicles :D

11. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yeah i wish lol but who would want to corpulate with a fatty? heehee

the stationary bicycle while watching is a great idea. if only i had a stationary bicycle :( heck, even the bicycle itself is a great idea. if only i had a bicycle :( :( :(

and kudos to auntbee, jenerik, and schmika for actually losing weight

but does anyone know any exercises that can be done w/o machines? maybe i should get one of those big inflatable balls (even if i dont use it correctly i'll still burn calories bouncing around like animaniacs heehee)

12. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

so how fat are you?

13. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

14. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    mmm... techinically "obese" but everyone seems to think i weigh only 185 lbs
    (i'm 5"11)

15. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

so 5'11" and what is your weight?

16. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    having done both, i can attest to the fact that trail riding is much better than riding a bike for transportation.

a ½ mile from my house is an old railroad track that was removed, paved over and converted into a riding, hiking trail. it goes through pastures in places but mostly thru the thick of the Pacfic Northwest Coastal Forests. this makes the trip very cool (averages a good 20º cooler here in the summer than ANYWHERE ELSE in town) and shady.

the exercise is wonderful and adjustable (the trail is over 30 miles long@!@ and has dozens of places to access it all over the county)

the leg i take runs to the northern end of the trail which ends at Woodard Bay which is just east of the southern tip of Puget Sound.

but one thing i can say with little doubt. the exercise benefit is far overshadowed by the benefit to the mind. riding along alone when the only thing you can really hear is the rustle of the breeze through the trees and a everpresent chirping of birds provides me a calming effect that leaves me with more energy AFTER the ride than i had before.

during the winter, i go to Bally's, exercise in a room that has the tv blaring in stereo on opposite walls. there i sigh, plug in my ipod and turn it up, close my eyes and dream about spring

17. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    about 215

18. SluggoLovesNancy

SluggoLovesNancy New Member

That's sort of a caustic way to put it, don't you think? Why did you need to know that? I didn't see any advice pour from your keyboard after you badgered and got the answer.

19. jeneric

jeneric New Member

Maybe you could post your weight here weekly? Seems like that could be motivating?

Or maybe post when you avoid a food temptation? I know when I avoid a food temptation, I generally like to reward myself with food, usually probably with more calories than I avoided.

I don't know, it's tough, but hopefully the steps you're making here pay off.

20. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

hmm, did I ever say I would offer an answer?