1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mobil 1 Oil Filter NOT Made In China…But Close

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Martyn Truman, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Martyn Truman

Martyn Truman New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I’ve been running the OEM oil filters and Mobil 1 in my 2012 V since purchased in 2012 with oil changes at 7500 miles, I’ve been considering switching to Mobil 1 oil filters on my next oil change.

During my research I found a post claiming that Mobil had moved production of its filters to China…so off to the auto parts store I went, here’s what I found, the design is now the same as the OEM filter and no longer has the red silicone end-caps found on earlier versions, and as you all likely know, synthetic blend media is used.

The latest version of these filters are made in South Korea and seem to be of very high quality. No big revelations here…just wanted to share the info. Anxious to see how this filter compares with the OEM and if the synthetic media blend is worth the price difference. 2C6BABE0-8B14-4BCB-960C-F5F5D67385D9.jpeg

2. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What efficiency are they claiming for that filter, at what particle size?

Fram Tough Guard TG10358 cartridges for Prius are made in China.