1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Modders Beware

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Ragz, May 2, 2013.

1. PLSPUSH

PLSPUSH Active Member

Ok
    Okay I'm sure he gets it by now...enough rock throwing

Bullet Salvador likes this.
  2. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    RagZ, I'd say think of it this way. the more awesome or special your car looks, the more likely you are to get pulled over. We all know that a red Ferrari has a greater chance of getting pulled over than a little old lady driving a station wagon. The cop's radar and magnifying glass is going to be all over that Ferrari, the copy may even let the little old lady slide on a speeding charge. But if that Ferrari does anything remotely out of line, the cop will be ready to pounce!

Tickets like the ones you received are because your car looks awesome, and the cop can't let a cool car go unpunished. Think of the tickets like an additional tax. Taxes suck, I don't know one person that *enjoys* paying taxes. You just had to pay the cool car tax! Sorry it happened to you.

You should also be proud, and wear those tickets like a badge of honor. You got pulled over because your PRIUS looked too cool! It’s a Prius, what cop is going to pull over a Prius??? Your car is no Prius, it's a F'n awesome Prius!

And F'n awesome Prius' get pulled over occasionally for some additional taxes...

Good luck RagZ - Don't stop modding!

3. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Dave, thanks for the support and words of wisdom. I was beginning to wonder about the people in this forum. It seemed to be filled with lecturing, self appointed experts instead of real Prius/car fans sharing their stories. Thanks

4. Bullet Salvador

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Dave has a great point.

You my friend have a "F'n awesome Prius."

Keep personalizing your car. Just be more careful venting on the chat, as some people are quick to pounce and give a negative critique. =]

Daves09prius and PLSPUSH like this.
  5. Toasticuss

Toasticuss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    What did you say?

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Cops generally don't like to give a warning for what they perceive is a real infraction, so they'll cite you for another infraction instead. Or to put it another way, having a minor infraction (a fix-it ticket) can help get you out of a bigger infraction if you successfully talk your way out of the latter.

Bullet Salvador likes this.
  7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was responding to someone else directly with that response.

And whether the OP believes it or not, I'm not really "rock throwing".

In an internet forum environment, if you post any opinion I think you have to assume you are going to get alternative opinions in both the affirmative and negative range. God knows I've posted enough opinions in which I have both garnered support and opposition. I think you have to be willing to accept both.

I honestly support the OP, and his desire to modify his vehicle to his liking. I have said this all along. My only contention with his reaction, is directly resulting from his complaint about getting violations issued in the face of tint that did not meet local requirement.

I look at a lot of posts and threads in Prius Chat that have modifications and upgrades. Now more, that I actually own a Prius. Some I like, some I dislike, some I admire but wouldn't do myself. Some are great, but require a technical expertise I do not possess.

I think they are all fine, as long as they aren't inherently dangerous and are legal.