1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Model 2 Backup Camera Option OR...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by johncap523, Apr 24, 2012.

1. johncap523

johncap523 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does anyone know if the radio in the 2012 Model 2 has a video input for a backup camera? Dealers don't know....duh....

In lieu of the that, what's a good aftermarket option for in-dash Nav and backup camera? I have a great Pioneer unit in my Nissan Frontier but I'm guessing the Prius requires something specific.

PS- my wife is just buying this car tomorrow so I haven't even been able to look at it yet. She opted for a 2 with aftermarket leather rather than a 3 foregoing the leather figuring would be easier and less $$ to add the NAV than the leather. (And the fact is the factory "leather" isn't really leather and the Katzkin is....)

2. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Read the posts here - there are very good detailed write ups on swapping HUs and adding camera. HU swap is very simple - rear camera is simple, but a PITA to do... Pioneer et al are a little more involved wiring. There are Chinese NAV clones that can literally be installed in 10 minutes - there are also Toyota ready 2DIN NAV that are also plug and play (at $300)...