1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Model 3 has 310 mile range

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Occasionally a writer will express a negative thought about the speed-0-meter appearing on the center screen.

I recall, that my 2010 Prius has the meter in the center dash .... and some complained about it as well.
    Personally, I became accustomed to it, and it was never an issue for me. I'm sure the same will be true with the Tesla.

I have never seen a "heads up display." I can see that it might be the better solution .......... but is also seems that it could be distracting. What has been your experience?

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  4. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't recall what car it was in, but there was a round button shaped bladder in the floor which squirted the screenwasher!

Think you might be joking, but here goes anyway. The Brits certainly abreviated air conditioner to air con.

5. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    And
    And so did the Japanese regarding Gen 4, at least. You always use "AC" in your Prius if you have the climate control on.

In Japan, イアコン (air con) cools a room in summer and heats it in winter. A クラー (cooler) is what we'd call an air conditioner.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

#765 pilotgrrl, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    RCO likes this.
  6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Whenever a new model car shows up, the previous versions, especially used, suddenly become available and affordable. Ebay has listed a used, 2008 Roadster for ~$20k.

2008 Tesla Roadster -- | eBay

I just noticed "Reserve not met."

I went back and the completed sales are in the $35-89k range.

Bob Wilson

#766 bwilson4web, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    10 years old with how many miles? 20k may or may not be a good deal. plus, your getting the alpha.

tesla doesn't depreciate like common cars. maybe model 3 will. someday.

tried to find the listing, maybe someone snapped it up.

8. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I find that the Gen4 Prius heads-up display reduces the need to look away from the windshield to see GPS turn alerts. It also flags changes in the speed limit which can also reduce accident risk.

JeffD

pilotgrrl likes this.
  9. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My 1969 Alfa Romeos had a floor button, on left, that was used to squirt water on windshield while activating the wiper!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.
    AChoiredTaste.com

RCO likes this.
  10. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I find the heads-up display helps me keep my eyes on what's going on around me, rather than looking at screens and playing "the Prius game".

HPrimeAdvanced and RCO like this.
  11. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "The Prius Game" would not be so bad if Toyota quit blocking the screen with non-urgent information.

RCO likes this.
  12. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I mean the "how much EV mode/mileage can I eke out if I obsess over the hybrid power scale thing game", not pop-up menus. I'm good at ignoring stuff like that.

LG-H918 using PriusChat mobile app

RCO likes this.
  13. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I try to use the Hybrid indicator when I am trying to maximize EV on slower parts of my trip. I cannot see that when it is blocked.I use the HSI indicator to see how much I can accelerate without starting the engine.

They do not always make sense. Apparently if I manually cancel DRCC with the stalk, I need to know when Radar is ready. I do not need to know this if I cancel cruise with the brake pedal, though.o_O:confused::(

RCO and pilotgrrl like this.
  14. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought that was a uniquely male characteristic. :sneaky::censored:

15. Fred_H

Fred_H Misoversimplifier

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    We made the same trip again this year. This time we were behind schedule, so I didn't mark any superchargers on the navi. We just stopped at convenient places for our usual coffee, streching, snacks, gasoline, and a meal. We didn't hurry, but we didn't waste any time either.

When we got back, I looked at the time stamps on the dashcam recording, and added up the total time for all our stops. Then I entered our route into abetterrouteplanner.com , and found that the required recharging time at superchargers would have been a few minutes less than we had actually spent during our breaks. The timing and duration of the calculated supercharger stops were also similar to our actual trip.

With the combination of 310 miles of range and supercharging capability of up to about 400 range-miles per hour, the long range Model 3 is apparently able to keep up with my natural, moderately active biorhythm. The implications of this are interesting. For me, for the vast majority of the time, driving the LR 3 would be not much different than driving a car with infinite range! The main difference would be that it would take about ten seconds less time to park an infinite range car (no plugging in).

16. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It looks like the factory is still not consistantly producing 5000/week, but its getting closer. Tesla should be able to deliver 150,000 model 3s between this quarter and the end of the first half of 2019 (3/4 of a year). In Q3/2019 I expect retooling, which may make the second half of 2019 faster or slower than this pace depending on demand (tax credit will be down, but international shipments should increase then.)

#776 austingreen, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  17. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Bob that car was in a wreck with a salvage title and unknown battery condition with it probably bricked. It amazes me that someone would pay a lot for a wrecked car, unless it is supposed to just sit and look pretty and maybe drive around town.

I do think roadsters in great condition deserve to keep their value even when the next better thing is around, since there are very few, and this was the first real bev from tesla and the car that get the other modern bevs to be built. Its a collectible thing.