1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Modellista Front Grill Garnish

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by MJ225, Jul 10, 2009.

1. MJ225

MJ225 New Member

Model:
    II
    Came home from work and the package was waiting for me. My first thought was how light the package was and immediately thought that was a bad thing.

[​IMG]

Opening the package, contents include: right piece, left piece, primer, and instructions in Japanese.

[​IMG]

The material has a cheap and plastic feel to it. The finish looks nice but would've been a lot better if it was metallic.

[​IMG]

Looks ok.

[​IMG]

Looks ok.

Conclusion: I'm not blown away, especially given the cheap material, but it does enhance an otherwise boring front grill. Again, would have been better if the pieces were metallic.

1 person likes this.
  2. renpriv

renpriv New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like that very much. Even though it may have a light feel, the main things is does it look good and I think it does :D

Really hope we are going to be able to get these kind of accessories in the UK. I am not sure with the cost of shipping to the UK and current exchange etc if it will be worth it :(

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm w/ the OP - doesn't blow me away. Might look a bit more obvious on a black car, but I'm afraid it'd do nothing for a silver and very little for BP.

4. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :( I must be blind! Where are the new trim pieces in the photo?

Lee

5. Young

Young New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i like it. it is subtle but, it adds a little to the looks of it. that's the same one i considered and would get if i weren't so cheap (ie it's too expensive! for what it is)

have you considered doing some sort of metallic finish paint to the fog light blanks? or a metallic bumper protector in the back?

also, a matching chromy licence plate frame may help further accent the front car.

6. MJ225

MJ225 New Member

Model:
    II
    GadgetDad: Right beneath the blue emblem, to the left and right. It's were the plastic front grill is.

Young: I did consider it but felt the metallic bumper protector would get scratched up too easily. I went with the official toyota plastic one. For the fog lights, I think if I did anything, I would just buy the fog lights. I am considering the metallic rear garnish right now. I'll put pictures up again if I go through with it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Young

Young New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i just painted the fog light blanks w/ some rustoleum paint. bought some plastic primer spray and what i thought was more chrome than metallic spray paint. it looks more like the alloy wheel color which in hindsight is good. i like it better than the gray plastic blanks. paint said not to clear coat it (not sure why.)

i thought about taking out the blanks but, i'm lazy! so i just taped it off and spray painted them.

---
    while i looked at the grille, i thought about painting those as well. it looks like it can be removed altogether so that you could paint them separately.

but, i'm not totally decided yet if i want to do that.

another option may be the sticker-like material another poster mentioned when he changed the blue emblem to a carbon fiber look.

8. madoue

madoue New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Any pics of the painted foglight covers?

9. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  10. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III