1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mods for Comfort

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by enigma88, Aug 20, 2012.

1. enigma88

enigma88 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone~

I've noticed this forum has some very neat mods that have resulted in some very good looking cars!

I don't have any major complaints about the comfort level of my Prius just yet but I was driving an older friend over the weekend and he commented how uncomfortable my car was! =O

Two issues:
    1) Comfort of the seats
    2) Shock absorption from bumps in the road

I read in one thread that there is a lumbar support cushion/frame that I can buy to make the seats more comfortable...are there any other suggestions?

What can I do to help my Prius have a more comfortable ride?

I'm a bit worried because I drive my dad around on occasion and I'm not sure how comfortable he is in my car. He hasn't complained but he's not the type bring these things up, more the type to put up with it.

Thank you for your time.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Comfort is too often the trade off for high gas mileage cars... Pillows and blankets are an easy way to make a custom fit for those who need it...

3. Dakine50

Dakine50 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Tell your friend to get out and walk! j/k!!!

I see your car is a 2011 so the oem shocks I'm guessing are still in decent shape. How about tire pressure? Are they set to the recommended air pressure? If your tires need replacing, I would check out TireRack to see which tire had a high rating for comfort.

I suspect that the rear beam axle is mostly to blame and there's nothing that can be done to improve that.......

4. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The harsh ride is largely a side effect of the LRR tires. When I replaced my Gen II OEM tires with Michelin X tires the ride improved.

5. Nicky Boy

Nicky Boy New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I purchased a 2020 Prius Limited and the drives seat is very uncomfortable. I tried a number of seat cushions and none helped. Does anyone have any suggestions to solve my problem. "Desperate"

6. Ed Beaty

Ed Beaty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    When I got my 2010 Prius IV, the lumbar support it came with was cranked all the way out. I adjusted it all the way back in and I like my seats just fine. The lumbar support runs the seat for me (not needing any lumbar support). My switch for it is located on the door side of the driver's seat. Might be that.