1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Money -Saved display pegs at $200?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Rbimd, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Rbimd

Rbimd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    One of the alternative displays available shows $ saved versus your "other" vehicle with lower MPG. After one enters the lower MPG for the vehicle compared, and fuel price at fillups, a screen is available that graphs your fuel cost savings on a monthly basis. The months are labelled and the total miles driven by month is displayed under a bar showing $ savings for that month. The problem is once the savings reaches $200, the bar graph stops growing on the $ scale regardless of miles driven at the greater fuel economy. Am i doing something wrong?

2. Rbimd

Rbimd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Guess I'll have to send this one to Toyota, It seems I've stumped the Prius community....

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You may be adding to our confusion.
    You claim to be in the US
    You claim to have a Japanese Domestic Market car, similar to a Prius C.
    You are posting in a gen3 Prius Liftback forum.

Near as I can tell, you really have a Prius C and just failed to find other C owners.
    But I could be wrong, I surely have been wrong before.

4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There seems to be a bunch of new features on the '12 screen verses the '10/11. I just buzz past them and leave it on the HSI screen :)

Mike

Mobile on my Asus

5. Rbimd

Rbimd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes Jimbo, I am in Indiana (USA), I am not scamming anyone, no I have never claimed to have a Japanese Domestic Market Car (not sure where that came from). I have a 2012 Liftback model 4, not a "C" . Just had a question about one of the screens. I cant figure out why they bother to have a display which graphs how much money one saves in fuel monthly, but it maxs at $200. I drive 3500 miles per month and my old vehicle got 15 mpg. I figure i'm saving more like $500+/month in fuel.

6. JimboPalmer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  7. Rbimd

Rbimd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ok now i understand the issue. I thought I was describing color, I should have said blue metallic. I didnt realize there was such a model as an "aqua" that is apparently for sale in Japan. I am revising my profile. Not withstanding my newbieness, I still seek an answer ro the display question.

JimboPalmer likes this.
  8. JimboPalmer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for unconfusing me!

I think some owners of 2012 Prius liftbacks and perhaps some 2012 Prius Cs may have the screen you see, we older owners have wimpier electronics.

You ARE posting this in the correct place, although you may ask in the Prius C forum as well, they ALL have 2012s so they all have the snazzy screens you have.

(engine specs, or tire specs change slowly, but electronics change rapidly)