1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Moonroof opens how far

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by chasee69, Dec 20, 2015.

1. chasee69

chasee69 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    just got my prius. when you open the moonroof do you just ush the button once? or do you have to hold it until it opens and then hold it until it closes?

This is the first car i've had where it seems i have to hold the button down.

2. WolfpackBill

WolfpackBill Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks about right. It is express open roof so just a brief push and hold will open the sunroof 90%. Push the open button again will open the rest of the way, but still not to the point where the glass will disappear. That is for driving with lower speeds because of wind buffeting. The closing function is not express so you have the push and hold the "close" button until the roof closes.

sfv41901 likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, it's only Express Open (Auto-Open). You have to hold the button to close. It'll stop half way as a safety thing (all non-auto-closing Toyota moonroofs stop halfway) so you'll have to release and press "Close" again to fully close.

Express Open will stop at the first stop that minimises wind buffeting. If you're at low speeds and want the moonroof fully open, just press Open again to move it an extra inch.

4. chasee69

chasee69 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four