1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Moonstone Blues

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by DonD, Mar 15, 2016.

1. DonD

DonD Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Any thoughts on how to keep Moonstone clean? The 'grey' is practically white and looks challenging especially in the back seat.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well the good thing is that it's SofTex so in theory, it should be easier to clean than natural materials. It's essentially plastic (New artificial leather gains increasing Toyota acceptance - SAE International ) so warm, very lightly soaped water should help clean up most things. I don't know what to do about stains (if it does stain). Hopefully those with Misty Grey (Aqua) on their Gen 3s can chime in. Misty Grey was a very light coloured grey that was offered on the Gen 3.

DonD likes this.
  3. KenzoTH

KenzoTH Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Use 3M Scotchgard for automobiles. Wait until a warm dry day and spray and leave car doors open to dry and ventilate. Its probably a good idea to wear a spray mist facemark when spraying. Spills clean right up- coffee, juice, anything. Twice a year application should do it- unless you have small kids- then 3x a year. I did my Moonstone 2016 interior front and back just after purchase. I have spilled coffee and it cleaned up with a damp paper towel- no stain.

DonD likes this.
  4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't it better to be cautious about putting unknowns on Softex seats? 3M Scotchgard is a petrochemical product. I'd be pretty wary about slathering that over new Softex seats. I do not know, I'd consult Toyota parts and service first.

krmcg likes this.
  5. glennonrp

glennonrp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I had a couple small marks on my mine. I used Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. Did a fine job of cleaning the spots up and didn't seem to harm the Softex at all.

DonD likes this.
  6. Pruis-er

Pruis-er Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    DonD likes this.