1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

More 2010 Prius updates at Toyota.com - New Prius page

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Paradox, May 7, 2009.

1. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know what you heard.

But the hybrid traction battery is warrantied for either (a) 96 months/100,000 miles or (b) 120 months/150,000 miles in California and so-called "CARB" states which follow California's emissions requirements, which CARB states are, as of now, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.

EDIT: This list of CARB states is from my 2007 Warranty Booklet. But see discussion below about the 2010 Final Product Info sheet which doesn't list New Hampshire, but lists "NM" for New Mexico.

2. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Are you certain New Hampshire is included in that list? My dealer told me we get the 96/100,000 warranty. I would love it if we got the better warranty but I really don't think we do. I could be wrong. Is there a link?
    Thanks
    Steve

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I got this from the Final Product Info sheet for the 2010 Prius:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm.

Don't know what's up with New Hampshire.

My 2007 Warranty Booklet lists "New Hampshire" among the CARB states.

But that 2010 Final Product Info sheet doesn't mention New Hampshire and instead lists "NM" (New Mexico).

Could it be a typo in the 2010 fact sheet (NM instead of NH)?

Or could New Hampshire have dropped the CARB requirements?

5. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Same thing I noticed and wondered about... Maybe the Prius Team can help answer this one.

6. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It looks like Prius II (base model) is only there for marketing reasons. Prius III, which adds navigation and bluetooth, two indispensable features, is the best buy among all trims being only $1,000 more than the base model (Prius II).

Prius IV is also there for only marketing reasons, being so expensive, almost as expensive, yet sacrificing many, many, many features of the fully loaded "Prius Ultimate," Prius V that is, priced at $32,520 minus negotiation minus rebates (not until next year) plus tax and license fees.

With all this said my heart goes to Prius V, not only because it has all the toys but also it's the only Prius trim that can give you the fun and joy of driving with its quicker steering and better cornering ability and wider tires, yet with the same MPG rating by EPA! So, call it Prius Ultimate, Prius S, or Prius GTI, or Prius XRS, it's the only Prius that can deliver the luxury, sportiness, and the MPG at the same time! It's a revolutionary new Prius.

7. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    IMHO, most Toyota "genuine" accessories are not only utterly unnecessary but also ruin the originality and looks of your TOYOTA. Get an accessory if you really need it.

8. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well I dug up this list of CARB States and we aren't on it.

CARB States to Dictate Tailpipe GHG Emissions for Nation…(It’s a Good Thing) : Red, Green, and Blue

It lists:

New Jersey
    Connecticut
    Oregon
    Washington
    Rhode Island
    New York
    Maine
    Massachusetts
    Pennsylvania
    New Mexico
    Florida
    Colorado
    ——–
    Arizona
    Utah

So the only New England State to not be listed is New Hampshire.
    If this changes I would be interested to know it.

9. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I respectfully disagree. I think the Prius II is there for people who don't need or want gadgets. Yes it is a base model and needs a place in the line up. Also I have zero use for bluetooth in a car and if you check out the Garmin Nuvi 885T nav unit it's better than the Nippon Denso unit in the Prius. Plus I can buy that unit for $500 or so.
    I think the Prius II is Toyota's main line of defense against cars like the Insight and the Jetta TDI.

10. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I think you are right that they need to offer a trim for those who prefer the flexibility of portable GPS/bluetooth and who like no-frills interiors. Enjoy your new Prius!

11. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Steve,

I saw that list too and dismissed it as being too odd. It talks about 17 CARB states, but lists only 12 "above the line" (including Florida which is not yet a CARB state, and Pennsylvania and Colorado which I've never seen included as CARB states for the longer warranty purpose; but it also excludes Vermont which is in both my 2007 warranty booklet and the 2010 Final Product Info sheet, and New Hampshire which is in my 2007 warranty booklet but not in the 2010 Final Product Info sheet) + 2 "below the line" which are not included in either my 2007 warranty booklet or the 2010 Final Product Info sheet.

I don't know, there's a lot of confusion about this stuff. I think some of the confusion may come from states adopting some CARB standards and not others.

In any event, if I were you and wanted the longer CARB state hybrid battery warranty, I'd trust Toyota's list more. It might be worth it to just pick up the car in a neighboring state that Toyota says has the longer warranty, e.g., Massachusetts or Vermont.

12. synapse

synapse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What happens if you do the opposite: pick it up in a state not on the list and register and drive it in one that is? Do you still get the longer warranty?

13. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Wherever the vehicle is primarily operated for the majority of it's life.

1 person likes this.
  14. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, they did.

Doug Coleman
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota Motor Sales, USA

1 person likes this.
  15. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    And there ya' go right from the 'horses' mouth ;)

Thanks for answering the question Doug!:)

16. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry to quote so much, but I do agree that finding out which States are CARB is not easy. I imagine that if Toyota says it's a CARB State they will honor the longer warranty. As far as buying in Mass, I already have my deposit on exactly what I wanted so that's not an option. Also NH makes it very difficult to buy a car in Mass and vice versa.
    Toyota has to honor their own list so I will use their whatever it is. I think Toyota uses the same battery in all their cars and if they are willing to warranty it in some States it will proably last that long. I know Vermont is a CARB state. New Hampshire I believe is the only holdout in New England. But that might have changed. I don't honestly know. I live in the State's Capitol and you can't throw a rock without hitting 3-4 Prius'. :D

17. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    I am sorry I am confused and couldnt find the answer. I live in Oregon. What is and how much longer is covered extra on the car, the battery?

18. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    That's your waranty below but not the 15year/150,000 mile part since ORgegon is not listed as one of the longer warranty states for the hybrid-related componant coverage.

[​IMG]

19. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Actually the Prius II is the perfect model for those of us who already have a GPS w/Bluetooth. I own a Garmin 660 and not only is it a great NAV, it also has integrated bluetooth (for a lot less $$$ than the Toyota NAV) so my cell phone already works flawlessly with it. Since I decided I can live without leather seats (I'd like the lumbar support but whachagonnado) and I'm not going to go for the solar roof panel, the II is the one I will go for. Now that makes it affordable!

20. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    Oregon is listed???

Originally Posted by Steve Cebu [​IMG]
    Well I dug up this list of CARB States and we aren't on it.

CARB States to Dictate Tailpipe GHG Emissions for Nation…(It’s a Good Thing) : Red, Green, and Blue

It lists:

New Jersey
    Connecticut
    Oregon
    Washington
    Rhode Island
    New York
    Maine
    Massachusetts
    Pennsylvania
    New Mexico
    Florida