1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

More 2010 Prius updates at Toyota.com - New Prius page

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Paradox, May 7, 2009.

1. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's why I posted the link. States change their laws all the time. I would stick with whatever Toyota says since it's in their best interests to follow the laws of the State they sell in. According to that article, Oregon is included. Personally I don't know. I guess when the official warranty from Toyota gets here we will know for certain.

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Based on this list, does this mean that all folks get the 150k Mile Battery Warranty, or just those from the few states listed on this sheet? Seems as though, '"these states... blah blah, except the battery...", which means in all states for the battery?

3. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No, just the states listed get the 10 year warranty.

4. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    However, as has been pointed out here several times, while there may not be a separate EPA rating for the Prius V, there is an M.P.G. hit of several percentage points in this trim level due to the wheels. So yes, you can get the "Ultimate Prius", but not with the same 'real-world' MPG.

5. tombongo

tombongo New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought that the Advanced Technology Package was an option on the Prius V and not a requirement. The "BUILD YOUR PRIUS" option on Toyota.com does not allow you to deselect the Advanced Technology Package. Any ideas?

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's a regional thing. Each region determines what packages are most likely to sell and then orders those. Most people buy out of their region if they can't find what they're looking for in their hometown.

7. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What about color choice. I thought for sure the Prius V would come in Winter Grey, but does not seem to be the case on their site to build one. That will be a major bummer for me if that's the case. I have Blizzard Pearl as a backup, but there is a premium price on that one and wanted to see them both in person before making up my mind. Seems Toyota is doing that for me if this is true. If the silver wasn't so silver and more grey like it looks in the brochure, more of a titanium then I would be all over that. None the less, I can't wait and I'll be happy no matter what happens just to be out of my Camaro.

8. Martin37

Martin37 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

9. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Agreed. But I would rather have a good-handling car than a car with skinny tires and deceive myself that my car has the same "official" EPA MPG rating as the one with the skinny tires. After all the MPG game is all about numbers, isn't it? LOL

The reason why they get the same EPA MPG rating could be because EPA only tests the cars on a dynamometer, and with that you don't see the difference in the rolling resistance because the full weight of the car is not pressing on the roller.

10. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    2010 Prius and trim packages are now on Yahoo Autos...

2010 Toyota Prius | New Toyota Sedans - Yahoo! Autos

I found an error, I think. Under engine, it says "1.5L" but under displacement it says "1798/110." 1798cc would equal a 1.8L. http://autos.yahoo.com/2010_toyota_prius_prius_ii-specs/

Under "Bore X stroke," it says "3.17x3.48" ... pie times radius squared times height:
    [(pie)(3.17/2)^2]x3.48 = 109.8, which rounds to their figure of 110cu.inches.
    So then, {[(110)^(1/3)]x2.54}^3 = 1802cc.