1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

More Brake issues

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tiksman72, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Tiksman72

Tiksman72 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello,
    I had a new 2013 Prius 3 quite some time ago until a drunk driver totaled it when it was parked in my driveway. I had a few other cars but I did like my 13 Prius. Not too much of a fan of the new design so I did not get a new Prius.
    We have to take our kids a much longer distance to school and I the car we have (Kia Soul) sucks gas. I am surprised it is not a V6 the way it consumes gas.
    I found a used 2010 Prius Five and I bought it at a dealer auction in Tampa. When I got there to pick it up I had all the Trac, ABS and brake lights lit up. I drive it to the hotel and when making a right turn the check Hybrid lit up. I think it was because it was wet and one wheel activated the trac control. I used the Carista OBD2 tool (thanks to PriusChat) and reset the codes. I did not sleep much that night wondering if the car would make the 500 mile trip home. I drove about 30 miles code free when the lights lit again. Not the check hybrid light, just the trac, hybrid, etc.
    Got home and made an appointment after doing my research here on PriusChat. I had photos of the C1391 code and the service advisor seemed a bit nervous. They checked it in and called 3 hours later. We are getting it fixed for FREE. Had it not been for PriusChat and the wonderful posters I would have never known about the Nov 30 19 deadline.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow! congrats and welcome!(y)