1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

more details on the ct 200h - 4 driving modes.

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by UsedToLoveCars, Sep 8, 2010.

1. UsedToLoveCars

UsedToLoveCars Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    "2011 Lexus CT 200h Hybrid to Feature Four Driving Modes to Suit Driver's Moods" Green Car Advisor

2. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Seems like the same 4 modes that the Prius has now: PWR, ECO, Normal, and EV. So they just renamed PWR as Sport and reworked the steering, stability, and TC programs.

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Prius PWR mode does not do this. I also read that the battery power is boosted by 15% as well.

I want to test drive and see how the handling of the Lateral Performance Dampers feel with the Sports mode.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Like USB said, the engine rev part isn't on the Prius but the last two bits.. i'm curious. So far, we've been told that throttle mapping has been changed.. but this hints that the response is faster too which matches my experience in PWR mode (engine fires up and revs up faster than in ECO or Normal with my foot to the floor).

5. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe this is part of the reason the vehicle gets 42 MPG and not 50MPG. If you use sport, you will get lower MPG.

6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Once we have the city and highway MPG breakdown, we'll be able to understand better.

I am with 1SMUGLEX. Lexus Hybrid Drive (LHD) may not be aggressively tuned to remain in highest BSFC of the ICE (like the Prius). This would result in lower MPG but power response and delivery should feel more sporty and fun to drive.