1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Morimoto HID Harness Help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by r3dl4b3l, May 23, 2012.

1. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow! A bad deal all around.
    Maybe a prominent sticky warning Prius owners not to purchase the Morimoto HID kit is in order- not just due to the ground shadow issue, but also their bad customer service. I'm stuck with a pair of their $40 bulbs that are useless to me.

2. Tencrore

Tencrore New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Since everyone's commenting on TRS, I thought I'd share my experience. This may be off-topic, but it addresses their lack of customer service.

Way before reading this thread, and having no idea about the ground shadow issue, I ordered a set on a Thursday (before their UPS pickup). I gave them my UPS shipping account number for overnight delivery on Friday so that I could install them over the weekend. I checked UPS tracking and realized it was never shipped on Thursday. Needless to say, I never got them on Friday. I called Friday morning and their response was basically "F.O. and too bad" No chance of getting my shipping refunded let alone an apology. I ended up getting them the following Tuesday after I'd already left for overseas travel.

Anyway's fast forward to the present. After reading this thread yesterday, I ended up purchasing a completely new set from Xenon Supply. The person whom I spoke to was very efficient and helpful. I asked him about the bare spade connector issue on their bulbs. He assured me that connectors would be included with the kit so that it is truly plug and play. Note that the TRS kit came with bare spade connectors as well. Being that XS is in SoCal, I hope to receive the kit on Saturday.

TRS' site may be well laid out and the photography very slick, but customer service is paramount today. We all work hard for our money and can choose where to spend it. Stores should have the foresight to realize that negative comments spread much more quickly than positive ones. Their product may be top-notch, but lack of customer service puts their product last in my opinion.

Rant Over!

3. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Wow.......every time I've delt with TRS it's been a positive experience & I've been a customer since they opened. Maybe my difference is I go straight through the owner via email or phone.

4. priusually

priusually Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm still sort of surprised that PC members are still buying these morimoto kits for their 2010-2012's. There is enough positive feedback (and pics) regarding other more cost effective kits that do not exhibit the groud wire shadow issue (xenon supply, xenon depot, etc.) Hopefully members base their future purchases on reviews AND actual installed pictures rather than a simple recommendation from a few members who haven't even installed the specific kit for our Gen III vehicles. Sorry for the rant.

5. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What I counld not understand is why why why they still deny it that their bulbs cause ground shadow even after pictures are posted at HID planet.

priusually likes this.
  6. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You want to ask him if he'll take my useless bulbs back?

7. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    He offered me a refund when I asked home about the ground shadow. I just kept them as they were only temporary while I waited for my Prius "G's" headlights from Japan.