1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Morning with Toyota Technical

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ToyotaFleetManager, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Talk about propaganda ... GM's builds are NOT U.S. builds once you count all the doors, engines, rear view mirrors etc that get built in Mexico, China, Canada etc. Besides, you miss the point. Even in these tough times, even with the U.S. government buying GM ... the GM numbers go down down down over the long haul, while their main competition Toyota is on the rise. People know quality ... and GM will be hard pressed to capitolize on Toyota's quality 'bump in the road'. That's what it'll most likely look like in hindsight, 2, 3, or 4 years down the road. GM on the other hand has DECADES of mismanagement & quality issues it's trying to overcome. You were wise to buy the Ford dealership recently. There numbers continue to look good too.

But it's really bizar that GM has glee at it's sales going up in comparison to Toyota ... after all, Toyota STOPPED over HALF of its production. It's a sorry day when that's what it takes for GM sales to gain on Toyota. GM can't hang its hat on that for ever. It's going to have to build a reasonably priced hybrid. good luck with that.

2. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    C'mon Hill, as a whole GM vehicles built in the US are the most American of any company. I will find you the documentation on that, it is not even close.

You are also wrong about the numbers with GM since the backruptcy. It is mainly under the radar because of the bankruptcy, but GM is gaining marketshare, up almost three points in January year-over-year. Toyota marketshare numbers have been falling over the last year, and now this mess. Barring a miracle, the toyota numbers in February are going to be unbelievably bad.

Do you really think this can be categorized as a 'bump in the road' anymore. My stores have taken more Toyotas in trade this month than we have ever taken in trade in a month, and sales are not good overall. I think the toyota mess has reached a new stage with the consumer, a dangerous stage for toyota. Toyota is still hiding info, now they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. IT will be interesting in the coming weeks.

3. vegasjetskier

vegasjetskier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If Toyotas are so bad, why are you taking them in trade? :pound:

4. jrflip

jrflip New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    malorn, why are you even here?

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    [​IMG]

But he and others like him can often give us practice on what strangers, co-workers or family might bring up. Having seen such postings answered by facts and data teaches Prius owners, especially new owners, what they are likely to run into and how to reply. Practice here so you won't mumble mouth later ... if you have time to play the game:
    [​IMG]
    If you get tired, "userCP" has an ignore user function. Sometimes I have to turn up the squelch to get real work done.

Bob Wilson

1 person likes this.
  6. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    WE get a wholesale bid on all of them, sold back to toyota dealers in most cases.

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    flash does not change any settings other than brake pedal response. my mileage was not even reset

8. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Are the Toyota dealers buying the cars? I would have thought the price you are offering in trade is the current auction (Manheim) price.

If the Toyota dealers are buying the cars, I wonder who is funding them to buy the cars???? Could Toyota be trying to 'support' the pricing to head off a class action lawsuit over reduction in value due to all of the recalls? A number of lawsuits have been filed....

9. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    As this whole thing has evolved, I have told all of my managers in no uncertain terms that we get a buy bid on all toyota's and lexus taken in trade. Most of the buy bids have been a chuck lower than even manheim, but I am not willing to gamble on Toyota and a comeback. I think the prices will rebound to some extent but the longer this goes on and the deeper the hole gets the less rebound there will be.

Its classic economics tomake money, buy when everyone else in selling and sell when everyone else is buying. I just don't want toyotas sitting around my stores, especially now.

10. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Quite true - I could have sold my Prius for $5,000 more than I paid for it back in late 2007, when gas was north of $4/gallon in my neck of the woods.... Nothing like 20/20 hindsight.

11. duffasaurus

duffasaurus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Why is a Toyota bashing, non-Prius owner, Ford dealer who can't even get his facts straight; even allowed to post on this blog?? I guess that's what free speech is all about! USA!, USA! USA!:welcome:

12. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think you're talking about a Chevy dealer here. Can't wait to get rid of my Chevy. We sold one at the time we bought the Prius. Back in 03, we paid the Chevy dealer $1700 for transmission work. When we complained about this at 39K miles (funny how that worked, we were told it was because it was towing too much weight. When we pointed it out that there wasn't a trailer hitch, we were told we just didn't know how to drive. When the dealer didn't fix the problem, we took it to AAMCO. The owner said the work hadn't been done and wasn't needed anyway. He fixed it in about 15 minutes for free. He refused to put it in writing though. Still, it turned a GM family elsewhere.

13. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Bad dealer, not bad Chevy. Very unfortunate.

14. ToyotaFleetManager

ToyotaFleetManager New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Absolutely agree. Not to mention some of his statements are quite entertaining and gives many here a quite good laugh.

15. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yup. The way he spins you'd think he has one foot nailed to the floor.:D

16. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    spin? how about this:

This is the ad that caused me to seek you all out.

This is how much of teh midwest looks now form Toyota and co

[​IMG]

17. ToyotaFleetManager

ToyotaFleetManager New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  18. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    These are the types of factories that built the US middle class, autos, textiles, electronics, steel, the list goes on and on....the jobs are still soewhere for the most part(technology) just not in the USA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.