1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most annoying thing about the prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BlckPrius, Aug 3, 2006.

1. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thebrattygurl @ May 24 2007, 12:04 AM) [snapback]448828[/snapback]</div>
    I would take that as a hint.

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CJs Mom @ May 21 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]447149[/snapback]</div>
    Do you often use your passengers whilst driving? :lol:

3. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abq sfr @ May 23 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]448212[/snapback]</div>
    No even with adjustments the stereo leaves much to be desired. The speakers are incapable of producing any low bass tones which makes it sound as weak and bad as a $30 kitchen top radio.

4. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Aug 3 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]297347[/snapback]</div>

ya.... that! (and not being able to use so many functions on the navi when in motion) but then.... i haven't even owned it for 24 hours yet...... however i don't think i'll come up with too many more annoyances!

5. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ May 24 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]449545[/snapback]</div>
    Turn the beep off... lots of info here on how to do that. Search for "reverse beep"

6. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ May 24 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]449545[/snapback]</div>

Well, the backup and seatbelts beeps are easily overridden. The Nav system... I have the 06 Lockpick, but the Nav system still bites. My 3 year old Garmin 2620 is vastly superior to my 06 Prius's system.

7. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

8. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    no its not so much the mids or the highs, im talking lower bass that a 6 1/2 speaker is surely capable of. But I listen to more beat oriented music too. Try tuning into your local pop or hip hop stations and notice how the weak the low end of the music is, its not a full spectrum of sound. Eventually I will replace the speakers and perhaps add a sub.

9. kcoruol

kcoruol Junior Member

Would be nice if the doors locked when put into gear.
    Up grade the fabric and leather used in the interior.
    Headlights on while driving
    On the outside, passenger side, of the windshield, at the bottom, water collects, can't they drill a hole to let the water escape?
    The exterior color selection

Oh, and can't they do something about the gas mileage? I'm only getting 45 mpg! Also if they could make a 4 wheel drive with brush guard, convertible version Prius that would be nice as well! ;)

10. Swingshiftworker

Swingshiftworker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The light rattle in the driver's window, which is only noticeable because the car is SO quiet. Dealer said it could be fixed under warranty, but have had no reason to take it in to get it done for the past year. So, I better bring it in before the warranty runs out. ;)

11. kcoruol

kcoruol Junior Member

I just never liked the name "Prius", couldn't they have named it something else?

12. jons623

jons623 Junior Member

No cruise set indicator. Even my Honda Gold Wing motorcycle has cruise on and cruise set indicator lights.

13. CkGoGreen

CkGoGreen New Member

i love my 07 Silver Pine Mica Prius (pkg5) but i have two annoyances going to IT from a 93 camry. 1. the darn center console is much longer so opening it is a contortion act. and 2. i got my stickers, had my license plates put on and now every time i shut the rear door the plate clatters against the car.

i haven't driven the car enuf to tell if that split window in the back is annoying or an innovation so i'll report back when i know more.

pretty unsubstantial complaints, but you asked.

14. wiiprii

wiiprii New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jons623 @ May 26 2007, 05:53 AM) [snapback]450347[/snapback]</div>
    ?? My 07 has the word CRUISE show up on the dash when I switch it on.

-wiiprii

15. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottR @ May 24 2007, 08:25 PM) [snapback]449566[/snapback]</div>

we disabled the backup beep.... YAY!

i'm leaving the seatbelt one.... because we always wear our seatbelts anyways.... so it's not like they'll beep!

lockpick is ordered and supposed to be on it's way! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are actually several things i am liking about the navi! (even with the lockout for now).... i've still gotta read the book..... i'll do that at work on tuesday since i can't access priuschat from there :( stupid firewalls!

16. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wiiprii @ May 27 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]450704[/snapback]</div>

Not the OP, but CRUISE is on when Cruise Control is turned on, but there's no SEPARATE indicator to show that a particular speed has then been set. It's not a biggie to me, but I *do* think it would be nice if the car could indicate that cruise control is actually in effect (rather than simply being available, as in the current system).

17. yakiprius

yakiprius New Member

I really dislike the GAS motor running ALL the time...When coasting down a hill with full battery...you step on the accelerator. and instead of the electric motor kicking in...the gas one does.
    Also no mater how carefull I take off from a stop the gas motor does the work....The electric motor doing these small jobs would increase mileage considerably.

18. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yakiprius @ Nov 4 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]534765[/snapback]</div>
    Well, no.
    When starting from a stop it's clearly more efficient to use the ICE, not pure electric...you have to remember that the electricity all comes from the ICE...all of it. If you generate energy it's better to store excess in a battery than to waste it, it's better yet to use it directly at the wheels due to the losses that are incurred when energy is transfered via the inverter, stored in the battery, then transfered through the inverter yet again.

Also, while you're correct about the downhill thing in general the Prius is programmed to provide for the safety of the system and thus the ICE will run at any speed over 41mph. Hopefully that top electric only speed will be increased on the next generation, but it will take some improvements in the top speed that MG1 and MG2 can turn to permit that. Realize that very little gas is actually used in that down-hill minimal energy situation.

19. Bebopp

Bebopp New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 4 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]534767[/snapback]</div>
    When starting from stop it's more efficient to use the electric motor, since all combustion engines have very inefficient combustion at accelerations (or transients). This is the whole gasoline conservation philosophy behind the Prius, accelerations are either augmented or accomplished by the electric motor instead of the gas engine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 4 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]534767[/snapback]</div>
    The ICE running at over 35 mph (not 41 mph) is not because of any safety concerns, but because of efficiency issues. At over 35mph the electric battery isn't able to provide the required acceleration without excessively depleting the battery, and hence the gasoline engine kicks in to augment the electric motor.

20. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I get most annoyed by the arguments about trivial stuff that it causes on PC.