1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most annoying thing about the prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BlckPrius, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sadly, most journalists drive it that way thinking they'll get the best mpg.

2. Banjoman

Banjoman Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    • No automatic headlight turn-on in US models
    • Premium stereo not premium sound only premium price:mad:

3. cyberstout

cyberstout Alan & Margarete

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree. We just got our first Prius; the new 2008 Base model. Love everything about the car so far... Except rear view. We have difficulty seeing what's going on back there when backing up. I guess we'll have to learn to make better use of the side mirrors.

4. BlackPri08

BlackPri08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've read this knock concerning the "blind spot" of the Prius. Someone wrote that he wouldn't buy one because of this safety issue. I'd just bought mine, so I assumed it was true; until the next time I was out on the interstate, changing lanes and such. I've got to argue that this is a totally undeserved criticism. I've driven cars that have a real blind spot; my wife's '98 Eclipse for example. The upswept body contour left no possiblility of seeing what is to the drivers right and to the rear.

By contrast, in the Prius, I've found that when using the rear view mirror, you can see a great view to the back right through the upper and especially the lower part of the rear glass. With the lower part of the glass, it gives you a look at space closer to the car, than if you were looking "uphill" through a typical back glass. Coulped with the side mirror view, I don't believe much can hide back there. I would say it's one of the best rear/right side views of any vehicle I've ever seen. I just did an experiment using a cardboard box. I sat it in my "blind spot", but could see it just fine in my passenger side mirror.

5. cyberstout

cyberstout Alan & Margarete

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree that the view out the rear windows is adequate while driving. You can see the car behind you just fine. We haven't driven it on the highway yet. I'm glad to hear that you don't experience any blind spots. Also ,I'm more comfortable using the side mirrors when going forward.
    Like I said, we just got the car a couple of days ago. We're still getting used to it. But when backing up I'm accustomed to twisting around and looking out the rear window. When I do that, I don't feel that I can see what's going on by the taillights. I need to turn back around to check the side mirrors.

6. WARHORSE

WARHORSE New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Some of the owners

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A