1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most annoying thing about the prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BlckPrius, Aug 3, 2006.

1. molgrips

molgrips Member

We all need to be protected against people crashing their cars by not concentrating screwing around with the controls. Countless accidents are caused this way, hundreds of people die. Sure you can say it's their own fault, but since when has being disractable required the death penalty?

I'm glad it doesn't work when you're driving. I don't want people coming towards me on two lane roads mucking about with the satnav, and I also don't want it to let me think "oh it'll be okay, I'll just do this real quick"

"It'll be okay" costs thousands of lives, along with "I know what I'm doing" and "I'm a great driver I don't need seatbelts/VSC/to stop when messing with the car/<insert safety feature>"

Be honest with yourself.

2. jaguaraja

jaguaraja New Member

most annoying this for me is the rear view mirror is very shaky and not held well.

3. cortakajake

cortakajake New Member

The horn. When I use it, even the deer laugh at me.

4. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(miwaku @ Aug 4 2006, 05:53 AM) [snapback]297569[/snapback]</div>
    Boy, that sounded so good I walked right out to the parking lot to do this. Unfortunately it's not available on my car. Probably only on the JBL equipped cars, or maybe it's a 2006 thing. Bummer.

5. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Aug 3 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]297192[/snapback]</div>
    The plastic wheel covers around the rims make the wheels look even smaller. I don't get the wheel covers ... since they are alloy wheels, why are they being covered?

6. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stealth @ Aug 3 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]297226[/snapback]</div>
    This one pretty much needs to be put to bed...Leave your headlights ON all the time. Turn the power OFF and open the driver's door (I do not know about the others) and your headlights will go OFF. No, they won't go on by themselves when light conditions start getting low...DH's very very very much more expensive beemer headlights do that. I'm happy with leaving the switch ON and the car turning the lights OFF when I leave.

7. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ohgreys @ Aug 3 2006, 03:50 PM) [snapback]297199[/snapback]</div>
    I love it that the doors don't automatically lock! I find that to be one of the most annoying "features" whenever I rent a car that locks automatically (and on some, you have to unlock it manually to get out!).

8. marjam

marjam Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Aug 3 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]297192[/snapback]</div>
    FILLIT UP! RIGHT AWAY! DON'T EXPERIMENT!

9. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Aug 4 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]297871[/snapback]</div>
    WHAT SHE SAID!!!!

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cortakajake @ Aug 4 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]297833[/snapback]</div>
    Okay, this I can agree with.

But we're not supposed to use the horn. I learned this the hard way.

11. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 4 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]297897[/snapback]</div>
    ummm...why not? :(

12. lytthans

lytthans Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Annoying things? Not a whole lot. The seats don't adjust up or down, but the very large front window compensates for that. It's just right for this 5'7" person. The Speedo/gas display is very dim when wearing polarizied sun glasses. The grey plastic trim around the left A/C vent is visible in the outside mirror, and is annyoing. I have the Package #8, with the rear camera. This is the best thing since sliced bred, IMHO. The James Bond fisheye view is fantastic

I also think the upgraded JBL audio is a bit wimpy, with no subwoofer or a lot of punch. Shame on JBL!! I'm going to add a sub soon. Recently I put the Toyota XM module in very easily and am happy. It's well integrated into the LCD display, but had no direct entry capabilities, like most XM radios. Don't buy it from Toyota, for an arm and a leg. Instead order it from Coastal TV and Electronics in Florida. It's about $150 cheaper than the dealer and takes a screwdriver, a 10mm socket and about 1/2 hour, plus some patience. They even include a CD with pictures, directions and a nice bag of JellyBelly beans! I bought a custom hitch receiver from them recently (more jelly beans), to carry bikes and such. Don't tow with it, although some have.

Jim in Anaheim, CA
    2006 Blue, package #8, with XM
    47mpg best, so far (800 miles)

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(San_Carlos_Jeff @ Aug 4 2006, 12:53 PM) [snapback]297841[/snapback]</div>
    It's a 2006 thing. The 04/05 should've had it but it was pulled out at the last minute for whatever reason

14. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The dealer network. Yes I know there are a few good ones.

15. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Aug 4 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]297902[/snapback]</div>
    I honked my horn to warn a guy I thought was running a stop sign as he turned a corner. He didn't stop. I followed. Then he slams on his brakes in the middle of the street and I hit him. It was deemed my fault because I honked my horn, not because he stopped.

So...I never use the horn anymore. Not for any reason.

16. mike3k

mike3k New Member

The visibility out the rear window.

17. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There's not much about this car that annoys me, except maybe the over-sensitivity of the driver's side seat in detecting weight. Even my purse or a few small bags of groceries fools it into thinking that I have a passenger and sets off the seat belt light. Then I have to move everything to the floor to make the light go off. Or I suppose I could buckle the seat belt around my purse. But that would look kind of silly.

18. curse

curse New Member

I'd love mine even more if the legroom was a bit larger. Seems like the location of the pedals, in relation to the seatback, force my knees up and too close to the steering wheel. Also, the angle of the seat bottom is a little too flat and, in combination with the pedal situation, concentrates my weight too far back in the seat. However, these are not a major complaint, just on my wish-list to fix when my magic wand arrives. For my 40 minute commute is really not an issue.

19. Subversive

Subversive New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 4 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]298018[/snapback]</div>
    It is my understanding that in Massachusetts, where I live, fault of accident always goes to the person who couldn't stop in time and hit the other person, no matter what.

20. mtsarpilot

mtsarpilot Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sl7vk @ Aug 4 2006, 09:09 AM) [snapback]297665[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, true. But I'll have a huge smile on my face so it'll balance out.

I drove this one only 2 weeks ago coming back from the West Coast, and 2 weeks earlier go out. I feel like I have that highway memorized. But then again, it's not hard. Once you get into Wyoming, simply set the cruise control, lock the steering wheel straight, and erect a sail to let the wind blow you all the way to Laramie. What a snoozer of a drive. Pretty sad when the most fascinating thing for 300 miles is Little America :lol:

Joel