1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most Boring Thread

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by markderail, Jul 14, 2008.

1. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    commercials
    ---------------
    1) i saw a commercial for finallyxxxxxx.com (i do not wish to promote the website) that promises to check your pc for spyware,adware,registry errors. it clearly states that it only works for windows computers. yet at near the end of the commercial you can clearly see a kid operating an IMAC, and the windows desktop looked like it was green screened in, the desktop looked simulated. it was slightly over scanned. they could of used bootcamp, but i guess simulating a windows desktop was cheaper in post production

2) snuggies is a blanket with sleeves! looks goofy! the material kinda looked like those absorbing towels they sell on commercials.. maybe those aren't selling so well, so they decided not to cut them up and sell them as a blanket

consumer reports in this issue reports that billy may's hercules hook can not hold 350 pounds like the commercial claims, but in reality can only hold 40 lbs. you have to use multiple hooks to distribute the load to get it to hold 350 pounds.

they also report that the awesome auger with its FREE bits and its FREE drill costs $65 in shipping and handling fees

2. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Speaking of which, does anybody remember the TV show "Queen for a day"? It think it used to be on right after Roller Derby and before Bowling for Dollars. I remember watching it at my grandmother's house when I was little which was so cool 'cause we didn't have a TV at our house yet.

I guess the title of the show would imply a quite different sort of contest nowadays.

3. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    there needs to be more professional wrestling on itunes

4. Dipena

Dipena Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I remember watching this when I was a little girl. Even at the age of 5 or so it offended my burgeoning feminist sensibilities. I hated how the woman (a housewife of course) had to look really battered and bedraggled and beaten down by life, and then they gave her a f__king washer and dryer, and she had to look all grateful.

To this day, my sisters and I will joke about being on Queen for a Day when one of us is acting all whiny.
    (Hope that was still boring enough for y'all--I imagine it was.)

5. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Guess I came into my feminism much later.
    I adored Queen for a Day... I wanted to wear the gown, the tiara, and be adored!

I never noticed that the contestants were bedraggled. Of course, I was pretty young, and lived a rather bedraggled life myself...

6. Dipena

Dipena Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It bugged me that there was this old, tired mom and a pretty young assistant gesturing at the appliances. Not to mention the fact that after the show the "Queen" has to go back to real life. Hmm. I wonder why it bothered me so much when I was so little?

7. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    40 - 50 years later, not much has changed in that regard.

Commercials and print ads for housework items continue to offend my feminist sensibilities a hundred times a day.

8. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had a muffin with cream cheese icing.

9. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Surprisingly they're really not that widely available here (at least not that I've seen). Most cafes and restaurants only serve that bottled Lipton crap - in Lemon/Lime, Peach or "Sweetened". I had some real iced green tea at a Japanese stall in the Brisbane farmer's market last week (and oh man was that good) but other than that I haven't found anywhere that serves up fresh brewed iced tea.

To change the subject slightly, I filed an expense report today.

10. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    if you post enough boring messages featuring the forgotten specifics of various hayes AT commands it draws attention to you, and people from the past actually start looking you up.

because of this reason, today's post about using Acoustic Couplers will be delayed.

i would go into the fact that i was kicked off a bbs once, only to be let on for 30 minutes just do discuss
    specifics about atari 800 emulators, but worry ill get more email from people from the past

11. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have a fully functional Atari 800 XL at home, floppy disk drive, modem (not the acoustic coupler type), and a lot of games... I also have a variety of different emulators on my PC, the best of which I find to be "Atari800win."

Because the emulator does such a faithful job, I rarely fire up the real thing anymore. I used to dial into BBS's to look for games, and people there always acted like I was just some dumb kid crashing their "serious" BBS party.

12. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    will the atari 800 emulator support the right cartridge port? is there a list of actual
    stuff that came out for the right slot?

the 800 xl is missing the right cartridge port

will the emulator boot up to memo pad?

hahhaha

13. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Radio shack wanted to sell the model I and the model III at the same time. they did not want to discontinue the model I until the FCC was threatening them with a recall drive, that they decided to discontinue the model I.

it put out a lot of rf interference.

14. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Atari800win has several different "model" modes. I leave it set to "XL" because that's the hardware I was familiar with. I never really used cartridges though because most of the games I had were bootlegs on floppies. I guess it's all because of me that the computer gaming industry is doing so poorly now...

15. elf95118

elf95118 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Heh, gosh Rigor, no need to delay on my account. It's sure a good thing we dont need all that ATX2&S0=0DT kinda stuff anymore though cause I really dont remember it.

Instead of acoustic couplers, today we have the joys of wireless to wireless (bluetooth->cdma) tethering for high speed data access, carried in ones pocket.

Interesting how I emulate too, the old amiga I had, as well as the atari ST I never had, on the same little device in my pocket.

Oh, and Ichabod, I forgive you for being such a leech on my bbs back then.

-Elf

Into.. The Wonderful.

16. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, posts # 450 - 455 are pretty boring.

17. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Waiting...seems like forever...for the confirmation of Barrack as the next US President.

Will be a glorious day for Canadians.

18. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a tiny piece of glass embedded in my right big toe.
    It only hurts when I walk...

19. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If I don't get up from here I am going to wet myself...again.

20. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    "i'm paging the sysop!!!!!"