1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most Boring Thread

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by markderail, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I woke up with a killer headache. I'm having tulsi tea now, and it's starting to ease off.

It's cold, still.

2. Spectra

Spectra Amphi-Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ages ago, a crazy friend who was a college prof in West Virginia, insisted on adding bacon grease to everything he ever cooked.

Dave Edens, where are you now???

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If my memory is correct (always an iffy), in New York when touch tone first came out, touch tone phones would pulse and not tone unless you ordered touch tone service and paid $5 a month. Then many years after that, the phone would tone without having to order and pay for touch tone service.

I still keep a Trimline touch tone phone around in case the power goes out. It has a dial switch on it to choose between TT (touch tone) and DP (dial pulse?), but I keep it on TT because touch tone is now free. But now that I've recently switched to cable phone service, the Trimline phone won't work if there's a blackout. So I now keep it around in the event my electric cordless phone breaks, which it did about 3 weeks ago.

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My Italian sister makes a pasta sauce where the liquid is almost all (about 95%) from the frying bacon or pancetta and a little (about 5%) from the few added tomato chunks. It's delicious.

Sometimes she makes it without the tomato chunks, so the liquid is 100% from the frying bacon or pancetta. It's delicious too.

5. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree. When we lived in Okinawa, Japan for 3 years (more than 20 yrs. ago!) my mother-in-law would send us care packages with all the little goodies we couldn't get in the commissary. She always put in little packets of instant grits (in all the different flavors) for my husband, he's the southerner. It was the best we could do.

6. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    We still have a rotary dial phone. The dial rotates in the opposite direction to the AT&T phones that we used to have in north america. If I have to use a phone menu I use the portable that we have for roaming about the farm.

7. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We keep a jar of bacon grease by the stove.

8. Spectra

Spectra Amphi-Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I lived on a lake in a remote area of central NY state. Basic phone service was rotary-dial & "party-of-4" line. So remote, that I never even found out who the other 3 parties were. (or I was just never invited)

That was in 1996.
    Then I got on-line, 'upgraded,' & the rest is history.

9. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Rotary dials go counter-clockwise in Australia? :huh:

I have a conference call at 10am. I hate con calls.

10. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have no idea.

Ours does (and "0" is the first digit), but we're not in Oz.

11. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm sorry. I knew that. Really.

There is snow in the clouds this morning.

12. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i dont exactly remember what happened if you connected a touch tone phone to a pulse line, i imagine it would tone , and the tones would not be recognized.. modems have adaptive dialing so if the tone does not work it would automatically pulse dial the entire number. and most touch tone phones had a tone/pulse switch, and probably continue to do so...

in adaptive dialing it dials 1 digit and waits for silence, if a dialtone is detected, then it continues to dial the number out in pulse mode

13. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    too keep up with whats on tv infomercials department

mr t, from the a-team is now doing flavor wave infomercials. if you go on youtube
    to watch the clips, look for the 5minute and 58 seconds version, and you can see MISTER T break a door down at the start of the infomercial.

flavor wave is a $99 table oven that basically uses a fan and a giant light bulb to cook your food. no infomation is mentioned on what happens when the light bulb goes out. and to keep the price low just about everything, like a grill pan is an optional accessory.., in a seperate review, and not on the infomercial, we learn that when cooking whole chicken you have to flip it like a hamburger

hulk hogan has been pitching for his ultimate grill, but i have not seen the informercial on lately. he now sells hulk hogan sized hamburgers in your local walmart frozen food section, heh

dwight shultz is more or less too successful to be on an informercial yet, and have not seen dirk benedict either.

mr t says ' i love it when a plan comes together, darla' and ' i pity the fool who tries to get this down ' on the commercial.

mr t receives a gold chain for his appearance.

14. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Once again, I am thankful that we cut the cable years ago...

15. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i spent new years eve, new years day watching the twilight zone episodes, after watching a few uncut ones on imdb, i was felt jipped that the syndicated versions do not have rod serling telling you what will be on next week.

i messed around with windows 7 beta 1 running under vm fusion, i guess it didnt like the video card drivers, anything that does graphics caused windows 7 beta 1 to crash. its got a new calculator, heh. it sounds when it comes out they want you to pay for windows 7 and then window essentials, just to get mail. mine didnt come with mail

i tried to run that f.f. software on a 2 day old installation and it said i had 130 windows errors. just about everything in the start menu was reported missing by f.f.

i uploaded a video to googie video. stamp day for superman, its a public domain film that was filmed for the us department of treasury, to get kids to buy war stamps and war bonds, haha.

while jimmy saved his war bonds to buy a portable typewriter, someone robs a jewelry store, because he was not good at saving money, heh

who knew lois lane could type out pictures using a typewriter

16. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I didn't know about the Twilight Zone marathon.
    I had way too exciting a time on New Year's Eve to post about it here.

I'm at work.

17. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It's 2009 and I'm ready to be bored.

18. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have about 2 quarts of used cooking oil ready for disposal.

I'm wondering, why not pore it into the soil around a tree, or onto a grass lawn, a vegetable garden, a flower bed or other soil?

What's the downside (if any) to that?

19. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm thinking it just won't do the ground/tree/grass/flowers/veggies any good. It may kill micro critters in the soil. It will draw vermin. It can be used by someone to make biodiesel, and thus save the world.

I'm mentally packing, unpacking, repacking, packing, carrying, packing...

20. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    find a cooking oil recycler in the yellow pages
    get his address
    show up

if u tell him too much information he will probably refuse your cooking oil because
    you are not a commercial establishment or you do not have a quantity worth driving
    over for

today i was playing voyage of the valkyrie on my trs80 emulator. having a 40 "
    screen for trs-80 games rocks

i wonder if its too late to have leo christopherson send me a free poster for finding
    all the castles in this game, considering this game was written in 1981

if you would like to read the manual, it can be found at http://classic-computers.org.nz/system-80/software-manuals/manuals-Voyage-of-the-Valkyrie.pdf