1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most Compatible Bluetooth Phone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by macreative, Sep 21, 2004.

?
  1. Sony-Ericsson T610 or T616

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Motorola V600

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Siemens Phones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other Bluetooth Phones

100.0%
  1. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

I have the RAZR and love it. It rings through the speakers, sound quality is great, easy to use. I highly recommend it!

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I have a Motorola mpx220 and it works great with the Prius. I use Auto Phone Ripper to merge my contacts into one file, then upload that file via Bluetooth whenever I need to update the car's phonebook. A lot easier that beaming one contact at a time.

3. geminione00

geminione00 New Member

Motorolas with bluetooth are very compatible with the Prius. Well, in my case, with the PEBL, cousin to the RAZR. I think SLVR, also, a cousin of the Razr, works well with the Prius. From what I can remember from a different thread.

If you want a phone with good sound quality, no pauses between people talking over one another and actual ringing through the speakers, go with either these three phones. You won't regret it.

4. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just picked up a PEBL (T-Mobile), and it works great... except...

It will not automatically connect when I turn the car on. I have to manually turn Bluetooth on using the phone menu, and then it connects to the car. My old V600 connected flawlessly every time.

I'm sure that there's some setting that I'm missing, but darned if I can find it. I have "Auto Hansfree" set to "On," but no go.

Any hints are greatly appreciated! I love the phone (and the car, too, of course!) but this is really annoying.

[ed.] -- never mind! I messed around and found the answer. Thanks anyway!

5. AndyGB

AndyGB New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jabecker @ Mar 6 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]221390[/snapback]</div>
    Hi there,

I'm the happy owner of a brand new Prius T-Spirit and am having that same problem with my Motorola PEBL; what trick did you discover to make it auto-connect to the car?

Thanks for any advice!

Andy

6. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :D Motorola Q on Verizon...... works great, transfers phone book just fine, and has every extra feature anyone could ask for on a smart phone. :D

7. suzieyoga

suzieyoga Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kkister1492 @ Feb 17 2006, 11:26 PM) [snapback]211410[/snapback]</div>

although your post is old we have the same pri and the same package and the same phone. others say that if i update the razr I'll be able to upload my entire addressbook in one fell swoop. What have you done? I will not enter each number individually.

Also, the sound quality is unreliable. I get more complaints then compliments on sound.

8. cindyslove

cindyslove New Member

I have a BlackBerry 8100 T-Mobile and was able to download address book and use - bluetooth drain is higher than I expected but other than that I love it.

9. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Feb 25 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]216515[/snapback]</div>
    Last fall I replaced the Motorola with a Cingular 3125 Windows Smartphone. Works great also.

10. alkarajo.com

alkarajo.com New Member

Can you share with us what the answer was? I have the same problem.
    Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jabecker @ Mar 6 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]221390[/snapback]</div>
    Can you share with us what the answer was? I have the same problem.
    Thanks.

11. pkittie

pkittie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a Blackberry 8100/T Mobile. No problems. But am waiting for the 8800 (with camera)...

12. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a Samsung T519/Trace from tmobile, It works great! the only thing it doesn't do is, show the signal strength or the battery life on the Prius screen.
    My boyfriend has the Samsung T509 and it works well also.

One thing Toyota should have done is have the Bluetooth system 'prioritize' phones that way you don't have to keep selecting phones when you get in and out of the car.

13. o2cool

o2cool o2cool

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegas Prius! @ Feb 17 2006, 02:18 AM) [snapback]210991[/snapback]</div>
    I have a Treo 650 and a 2006 Prius, and the Treo does not work at all with the Prius. I called Palm (mfr of Treo) and they said that they are not compatible. They suggested that I get a Treo 700. My Treo is from Verizon, but I would not think that it should make a difference. Any suggestions?

14. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(o2cool @ Mar 28 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]413687[/snapback]</div>
    I have the same situation, a 2006 Prius and a Treo 650 with service from Verizon Wireless. The Treo worked okay at first, once I learned here at this forum that I needed to make a call on the Treo 650 to have the connection setup with the Prius finalized. For one reason or another, I deleted the phone and now it does not work. I will get notice that the Bluetooth connection was successful, but the phone won't be available literally seconds after I see that successful connection message.

15. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(macreative @ Sep 25 2004, 01:33 PM) [snapback]41654[/snapback]</div>
    I have a 2005, so I can't enter phone numbers manually. I use the Verizon e815 for normal use, but couldn't send the phonebook. I got a used Sony-Ericsson T68i (T-Mobile) off eBay, put the phone numbers in that, and then sent the phonebook to the Prius.

It paired right away (following the instructions) and was able to send the whole phonebook in one shot.

16. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RobertG @ Mar 28 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]413842[/snapback]</div>
    Be sure that you have the most current software on your Treo. Until I upgraded I couldn't keep a sucessful connection. Once I upgraded, and worked my way past the lock barrier(this prevents others from hacking into your devices), I made a successful connection. I have had no problem since. Works beautifully.

17. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Didn't see it mentioned so I thought I would list it. We use PPC-6700's (Sprint or Verizon) in our prius and they connect flawlessly, although as mentioned before the prius will not detect 'which' phone is in the car, so my wife has to manually connect :)

18. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Mar 22 2007, 04:33 AM) [snapback]410070[/snapback]</div>

How were you able to transfer the phone book? One at a time or what was the menu command to move the entire phonebook?

19. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LG 8300 with Verizon. Works great, can transfer phone book 10 entries at a time.

20. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    MegansPrius , Does you thread even address which server you're talking about prior to you mentioning you've found 10 at a time entries work on Verizon? Ok, so we're talking Verizon? Yea, Verizon has been successfully sued for their dispicable behavior . . . deliberatly crippling their phones so that for the most part, the O.P.P. function (pushing your directory into the Prius) is disabled.