1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most Compatible Bluetooth Phone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by macreative, Sep 21, 2004.

?
  1. Sony-Ericsson T610 or T616

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Motorola V600

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Siemens Phones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other Bluetooth Phones

100.0%
  1. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Apr 11 2007, 08:23 AM) [snapback]421447[/snapback]</div>

No, the lawsuit was about the fact that Verizon said that the i710 would support all bluetooth profiles, but then later didn't. It was a case of incorrect advertising. And they didn't win, they settled. Users who bought the phone before the box art was changed got a $25 credit on their bill and can return the i710 for another one or be let out of their contract. They didn't win since the the lawsuit demanded that Verizon instead give the phone full support.

Verizon, Sprint, and Nextel all locked down their phones when Bluetooth first came out. Now only Verizon does to a lesser extent.

2. squall

squall New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a Nokia 6103 and it works just fine. The only thing I had trouble with was downloading contacts. But I decided to put them in by hand and have had no problem with the phone, ringing in or out. In fact, my T-Mobil service has never been better and I get better reception with this phone than I have with several predecessors. The phone works over the audio system and ties in so when the phone activates, the audio mutes as others have stated. I got the Nokia 6103 because it was the least expensive one I could get to be compatible with T-Mobil. You don’t get new phones for free if you do pre-paid minutes. I decided some time ago to buy pre-paid minutes and have saved a bundle, so the cost of the phone was negligible.

3. sguilliot

sguilliot New Member

My Treo 750 worked right the first time. No troubles.

4. qleaper

qleaper New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Feb 25 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]216515[/snapback]</div>
    I just upgraded my Verizon phone to an LG Chocolate, and while it works great receiving calls, I haven't been able to transfer my contacts. What is an Auto Phone Ripper?

Also, I have a few phone numbers that have extensions -- does anyone know how to enter the tone numbers without touching the screen (which is only possible when the car is at a complete stop)?

5. Wingthing

Wingthing New Member

I have a UTStarcom PPC-6700 that links just fine with the 2007 Prius. The battery life of the phone with Bluetooth on is a little short, so I plug it into the outlet in the front storage box - next to the Aux port.

6. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stan57 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]415362[/snapback]</div>
    I upgraded my Treo 650 to the 1.05a firmware for Verizon.
    • Caveat Emptor

For anyone who has not yet upgraded their Treo's firmware, you should know that preferences are not saved when you HotSync the Treo with your computer. Unless you use some third-party software that replaces the standard backup conduit, you will need to re-enter registration codes for third party software and reset preferences (for example, ringtones).
    It still wasn't working correctly. This afternoon I tried these steps:
    1. Turn Bluetooth on and set discoverable to Yes.
    2. Set Handsfree configuration with Auto answer to anything other than disable.
    3. On the Prius, register the phone.
    4. During this registration, add the Prius to the Treo as a trusted device.
    5. Let the connection on the Prius timeout.
    6. Do a second registration of a phone on the Prius and this time on the Treo go through the Hand-free Setup on the Treo.
    7. Dial a number on the Treo, and the call should come through the Prius speaker.
      • (this useful tip I got here months ago after first joining)
    This seemed to work. Time will tell. I may not have needed to set up the Prius on the Treo twice, once as a trusted device, and again for the hands-free device.

I don't make many calls when I'm in the car, so that's not a big deal, but it is very cumbersome to take a call when the hands-free isn't properly working.

Having the hands-free functionality gone for a while was good for me, checking my smug attitude when I see people holding phones to their ears while driving. Californians won't be able to do that beginning in 2008 due to a new state law.

It would be great if my own experience helped others avoid some common problems. The information and advice here has been very helpful for me.

7. Priscilla

Priscilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RobertG @ Apr 24 2007, 11:19 PM) [snapback]429513[/snapback]</div>

Thank you for those details. I will delete the phone registration and try again.

8. cellymcfae

cellymcfae New Member

I've got an LG Chocolate (Cherry) phone and it works beautifully with my 2007 (package 4) Prius. I've even had an incoming call ring through the speakers. While I'm the one that primarily drives the Prius, my husband also programmed his LG Chocolate (Dark) phone in my Prius, since you can have multiple phones programmed. Of course, only ONE of our phones can be actively connected at a time, but this works nicely.

My biggest problem has been talking softly enough so I don't blast the person on the other end. :D

9. kdk84

kdk84 New Member

I have a Sanyo Katana and it took me all of about 5 minutes to figure out how to connect to the car and to wirelessly transfer all of my contacts into my car's database. Calls in and out all worked perfectly fine and upon turning the car on it connects to my phone instantaneously. Very happy with the ease of use.

10. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Priscilla @ Apr 27 2007, 03:47 AM) [snapback]431069[/snapback]</div>
    You're welcome.
    I was baffled why my phone quit working when nothing had changed, but I'm unsure if I'd deleted and re-registered the phone the first time for that reason.
    The hands-free phone is one of the real "George Jetson" features of that car.
    It's been a few days and there are no problems. I may shut off the status message for bluetooth connection.

11. Priscilla

Priscilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

12. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    MOTOROLA Q !!

definately the Q has no compatability issues with the Prius that I have detected, full phone book transfer even with Verizon wireless... I've experienced no problems or issues whatsoever............

13. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    is it my imagination or does it seem like the ones with 07's seem to have less issues??

is it my imagination or does it seem like the ones with 07's seem to have less issues??

14. berkley

berkley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    my experience is the prius bt just "opens" and the caller is there...your radio/cd/etc will automatically stop and volumn bars appear on screen.....

what carrier do you have I have t.mobile??