1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most Obscure Prius Facts (Way out there)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 200Volts, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(esetter @ May 6 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]436515[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, it means you aren't keeping your eyes on the road. :eek:

How else can you know it is "ever changing." ;)

2. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ May 6 2007, 08:12 PM) [snapback]436581[/snapback]</div>
    A person may want to leave it alone for a long road trip to see what kind of fuel economy they achieved over the full trip.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Daniel Sefton @ May 6 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]436347[/snapback]</div>
    Huh. I just tried it on the highway today. Someone should tell those "Boom Car" fans who love to crank up the bass just to feel the vibration (and let everyone in a half mile radius feel it, too). This out-vibrates them all!

4. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker4theSpurs @ May 6 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]436598[/snapback]</div>
    For that I use CAN-View. I suppose the ScanGauge permits the same, but I don't know.

Dave M.

5. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker4theSpurs @ May 6 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]436598[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I guess that makes sense. But I think it would make more sense if the miles didn't reset to 0.

6. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Nov 21 2006, 09:14 AM) [snapback]352514[/snapback]</div>
    To access it-Open luggage storage box, remove the plastic cover, and pull the lever on the back door motor. (It's in the manual)

Another one: There is a little removable panel under the right wiper (hood open) to see the VIN stamped on the firewall.

7. ozyran

ozyran New Member

I found this one out the hard way:
    If the doors are locked, but the hood is popped, then when you try to open the hood the horn will sound.

Those automatic locking doors can really be a drag sometimes.

8. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There is an arrow to the left of the gas tank icon in the dash display pointing to the left to remind us the gas tank is on the left side of the car.

9. silver-machine

silver-machine New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    how about the key works upside down as well ( at least it does in my 07 T spirit)

Data Daedalus likes this.
  10. Mr07touring

Mr07touring New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just noticed the other day the hatch opens to the same angle as the antenna. i.e. they are parallel when the hatch is open. this is in the "way up there" category".

Data Daedalus likes this.
  11. micksimon

micksimon New Member

A 10 foot piece of 4" diameter PVC pipe will fit INSIDE the car if you put the back seats down and lean the passenger seat all the way back. In my case, the pipe sat on my CD case on the dash and had a rag wrapped around the end. The other end tucked just inside where the "secret" storage case is on the left.

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silver-machine @ May 9 2007, 11:29 AM) [snapback]438399[/snapback]</div>
    Didn't know that!

13. kcshowman

kcshowman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My son left the parking lights of my '05 on the other night and left me with a dead car. After finding the dedicated charging point under the front hood, I jumped the car and thought it was back to business as usual. However, I noticed afterwards that the car was not responding to either of my Smartkeys. That is, I had to physically depress the unlock button to get in as well as plug the key into the dash to start the car. A call to the dealer alerted me to the reset button (labeled "key") under the dash next to the steering column. I pushed the button and the transponder function was reset.

14. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just found this one out the other day (maybe most people know about it).

If you select a POI in the GPS (say a restaurant) then press "Info" on the screen where you choose a route, you get to a screen where you can both see their address/phone number, and call them via Bluetooth dialing with the push of a button.

15. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kcshowman @ May 12 2007, 09:46 AM) [snapback]440622[/snapback]</div>
    It's not a reset button. It's just an on/off toggle switch to enable/disable SKS.

16. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mick @ May 9 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]438681[/snapback]</div>
    The passenger seat goes back down almost flat if you move it full forward, take off the headrests and then lower it down. If you do this, you can easily haul 8' lumber around without resting it on the dash.

Also, the pass-thru area between the trunk and back seats is wider on the Prius (I think it's a touch over 3') than it is on a Honda Accord. (I've hauled a bit of stuff around inside the Prius, including a full-size hybrid bike today - little harder than a road bike because the handlebars are 'straight', plus it has bigger tires than a true mountain bike).

17. mpgFanatic

mpgFanatic New Member

A Prius (2005 or later) will not start if it is lying on its roof. For example, if you turn it over to rotate the tires.

Data Daedalus and PriusGuy32 like this.
  18. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just figured out another one today.

Apparently you can roll up the windows after you turn the car off until you open the door.

19. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sarge @ Mar 20 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]409046[/snapback]</div>
    IN accessory mode you are only drawing off the small 12V accessory battery and the load of the inverter causes the voltage to plummet causing the fault alarm... but in ready mode, you are reinforced with the traction battery supplying power to the 12V inverter of the car that gives you up to 1400 Watts of 12V power to play with used normally to power all the lights, guages, charging to the small accessory battery etc.
    Going by memory anyways... I think those facts are fairly close.

20. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ May 14 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]441441[/snapback]</div>
    Apologies in advance for going off topic, but I can't help myself. Wonderful avatar, windstrings! Marty Feldman was one of the greats. :)