1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most Stolen Cars

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Kablooie, Nov 8, 2005.

1. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

Remember car theives go for cars they can take off with in a matter of seconds. If they want a Prius, they will come here for a quick study and learn that it's best to car jack and get the fob. I think it will be more difficult for igotthewantsforprius to drive her Prius than a car jacker.

I'm sorry, I had to do it.

J/K igotthewantsforprius

2. BrianTheDog

BrianTheDog New Member

True. But if someone tries to jack my car, I'm going to do my best to hit the panic button first. Maybe that'll scare 'em off. <_<

BTW, the first few days I drove the car, I kept the fob in my pocket. But I couldn't get to the panic button if I (hopefully never) needed it. Now I keep it looped around my belt with a sturdy ring. If someone wanted it, they'd have to pull hard enough to either break my belt or break the ring or plastic on the fob.

Or take me with the car.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you really have to wants for chat (OK, the board name is a little misleading) you should click the word Shoutbox at the top of the page. Most of us chat asynchronously with these messages, but Shoutbox is closer to real-time.

I'll send this to you in a PM too.

4. VaPrius

VaPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey! That was my first test drive! Were you there!?

5. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I actually heard a report of a Canadian Prius being stolen (Ontario?), but it was because they broke into the guy's house and found a spare set of keys, then stole it later.

Pretty foolish - highly visible car, not easy to sell, simple for a dealer to identify a stolen one, no demand for parts, nowhere else that can service it.

Dave

6. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You could order it in from Toyota of Stuart for about $5000 less. What the hang is "upgrade paint"??? :blink: It sounds like you're getting the $619 Toyoguard treatment, which is a huge cash-cow for dealers in the Southeast.