1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mother's Day gift

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, May 11, 2021.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    May 6 - called Mom to confirm she would be in Coffeyville over the weekend.

May 8 - Fully charged, estimated range 232 miles, started at 3:15 AM for Memphis. Used 'speed limit' to reach chargers. Thereafter, hopped to arrive at ~4 PM:
    • Memphis; Brinkley AR; Little Rock; Ozark AR; Lowell AR, and Joplin MO.
    Mom's house was way too warm so I got a room at the Best Western, pet friendly, and got a good night's sleep. Interesting, it appears the ends of each motel have one, live 120 VAC outlet. So the car added 30 miles while I slept.

May 9 - Attended Sunday services with Mom. That afternoon, attempted Zoom with brothers but still find the Android-Zoom interface 'obscure.' I'll reverse engineer a user's manual and share with everyone. I have an unfriendly opinion about an App that requires a home-brew manual to use <GERRRRR>. By 3 PM, headed home in the reverse set of SuperCharger stations. There were a lot of road construction delays.

At Memphis, I was very tired and took a cat nap while charging using the cell phone as an alarm clock. I wanted to reach home but stopped at Cornith EVconnect station to put an L2 charge enough to reach home.

Long weekend, my Mother's Day gift.

Bob Wilson

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Same gift ... 34 miles one way trip. Volt EPA's ~53 miles - BUT with I 5 traffic averaging 40-45mph both up & back? The 68 round trip mile journey left us with 5 EV miles still! Not bad - for a no longer USA available model. Now - once we sell out of SoCal this summer, move into our Montana house it will be interesting to see how the RAV4 Prime EPA stands up - 1, 250 miles, 20 hours, crossing the continental divide, during winter, to spend Christmas with mom & family.

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Wait a minute folks. You are satisfied with that? Today with a big delay 4.5 hours, 255 miles. Both worst case. One pee stop on the way there in a hybrid. One gas/pee stop on the way back in normal times. None of this nap or 30 mile change stuff.